The Royal Family Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

You're right that this sort of over reaction / coverage is not necessary and actually puts many people off. But I'm sure this is the last thing King Charles would want; he's a great one for playing things down but he was right to put people straight about what's happening as it's in the public interest.  Cancer is no respector of persons and it can affect anybody as he's proved.

Fortunately according to reports it's been caught early so hopefully he will recover. 

I wish him well, as I would any person who has been afflicted with this disease.

Edited by Anna B

Nowt’s changed then.

I was beginning to think Sheffield forum had changed for the better.

Our King has cancer and the usual suspects yet again turn it into an opportunity to “have a go” at each other.

Give it a rest please.

Best wishes to King Charles.

8 hours ago, Allen said:

Nowt’s changed then.

I was beginning to think Sheffield forum had changed for the better.

Our King has cancer and the usual suspects yet again turn it into an opportunity to “have a go” at each other.

Give it a rest please.

Best wishes to King Charles.

What did you expect to change,  and why ?

Forums are for people to exchange views and different people have different views to exchange.

Surely you know that some people love the royals,  some hate them and  some are not particularly bothered either way.

Nobody has wished him any ill will and most,  including anti monarchists have wished him well as I do now ( as an anti monarchist also ).

Don't expect everyone to change their views simply because of something that matters to you.

• Like 1

Harry has come to visit his father. I'm hoping this might lead to some rapprochement between father and son and even with brother William. What a pity Harry can't step up to represent the family again.

Harry has become a sanctimonious, self righteous numbskull that sold his own family out for money.

If he was my brother I wouldn't give him the time of day. 

Harry very likely blames his father for what happened to his mother, sounds a bit like the Mafia, it’s all down to Don Carlo to make the peace.🤨

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Harry has become a sanctimonious, self righteous numbskull that sold his own family out for money.

....  And rightly so,  neither would I.

59 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Harry very likely blames his father for what happened to his mother, sounds a bit like the Mafia, it’s all down to Don Carlo to make the peace.🤨

Harry blames anybody and everybody  ( except himself ) for anything that he doesn't like, especially if there is the possibility of a payout in the end.   He always behaved like a little spoiled kid  ........  now he behaves like a big spoiled kid.

I never realised how much he was disliked, must take more notice.:huh:

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I daresay there were faults on both sides.

No doubt the media have now got it in for Harry big time, so don't believe all you read.

Family is family no matter how grand, IMO every effort should be made to heal rifts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

No doubt the media have now got it in for Harry big time, so don't believe all you read.

Family is family no matter how grand, IMO every effort should be made to heal rifts.

If you had a fall out with in your family, do you think that Royal lot would give a toss.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

If one of your brothers or son went onto a massive talk show and sold you out, then proceeded to write a book slagging you off, you would want to still be friends?

Or is that just lie by the media and didn't really happen?