Bakery found NOT to have discriminated against a gay couple

Positive discrimination... are you saying that should be illegal?

Are you trying to avoid answering a question by instead asking me one... Rather transparent.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 21:25 ----------

What a slippery slope fascism is. Where your racist and homophobic businesses thrive and prosper because gay bakers are forced to bake cakes with homophobic messages, where Jewish bakers are forced to decorate cakes with swastikas, where Jewish printers are forced to print anti-Semitic holocaust denying material, where Islamic caterers are forced to serve pork and bacon to the EDL.

What a weird argument.

If a business can't discriminate then how can it be a racist or homophobic business.

You actually want to enable such behaviour, with the argument that it will somehow stop such behaviour.

Islamic caterers forced to serve pork? You can't force a business to sell something it doesn't provide, so Islamic caterers are no more likely to have to serve pork than bakers are to provide fencing services.

Your fascism argument is entirely bogus. We’re not entirely a fascist state (yet) and there is not and should not be any private business forcibly supporting something that is against their faith or ideology. Society does not and should not accept that behaviour, just like it doesn't forcibly enact theft or assault.

I think you'll find that it's your fascist argument.

You also failed to answer any of the points I made, instead just making up bizarre examples about caterers. Why not address the points about freedom?

If you think that it's liberalism to enable discrimination then I'm afraid that you've seriously misunderstood the tenets of it.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 21:27 ----------

For reference, you failed to address pretty much all of this

Are you free to go and stab someone? Is it okay if you take someones mobile or wallet?

Where's your freedom if society says that you can't do those things and that if caught they'll put you in prison?

You're not free, you never have been. But you'd like it to be okay for businesses to discriminate.

Fortunately you're in a minority.

The 'freedom' argument is entirely bogus, society does not and should not accept that behaviour, just like it doesn't accept theft or assault.

Are you trying to avoid answering a question by instead asking me one... Rather transparent.

I've answered that same question a few times now. One last time:

I'm not saying 'discrimination' should or shouldn't be legal for the reasons i've stated numerous times now.

So, now i've answered your question, AGAIN, you answer mine:

Should positive discrimination be illegal? You know, the situation where someone is given an advantage in applying for jobs simply because of their race and sex, just to tick a box for 'equal representation' regardless of ability?

An even more interesting absurd response.

The defence for your fascist society is that my liberal one must be pro-pedophilia.

OK, I see you are really struggling now!

I will ask you one more time, if you believe that people should not be told what they can or cannot believe, what is your view on the Paedophile Information Exchange?

Should positive discrimination be illegal? You know, the situation where someone is given an advantage in applying for jobs simply because of their race and sex, just to tick a box for 'equal representation' regardless of ability?

I'll answer that one. No.

I'm not saying 'discrimination' should or shouldn't be legal for the reasons i've stated numerous times now.

That's basically an attempt to avoid answering the question. Legality doesn't do a middle ground, so things are either legal or illegal, which should it be? It can't be in some state where it neither should and shouldn't be illegal at the same time.

And despite you claiming that, your words say something differently. You think businesses should be free to discriminate, you said so, so you must think it should be legal to support that.

Is that based on your 'no authority, we must learn how to live together' world?

---------- Post added 19-10-2018 at 08:01 ----------

So this kind of discrimination should be legal, but other forms of discrimination should be illegal?

Boom, definition semantics

That's basically an attempt to avoid answering the question. Legality doesn't do a middle ground, so things are either legal or illegal, which should it be? It can't be in some state where it neither should and shouldn't be illegal at the same time.

And despite you claiming that, your words say something differently. You think businesses should be free to discriminate, you said so, so you must think it should be legal to support that.

No, legality doesn't do 'middle ground', but discrimination isn't a cut and dried thing.

I'm assuming that you're an advocate of positive discrimination, considering that you haven't said you're against it... then again, you haven't said you're for it, so maybe you aren't? Anyway...

You are happy for companies to positively discriminate in favour of one section of society when they apply for jobs. In your world, this should be illegal if we're making discrimination illegal, because with legaility, one size fits all. So, discrimination is either legal or it isn't, including positive discrimination.

---------- Post added 19-10-2018 at 08:11 ----------

Is that based on your 'no authority, we must learn how to live together' world?

---------- Post added 19-10-2018 at 08:01 ----------

Boom, definition semantics

I haven't said 'no authority', but yes, we need to learn to live together. However, that doesn't mean everyone being made to believe the same thing and be punished for having alternative views from that of the collective hivemind.

And you can claim semantics all you like, but if all discrimination should be illegal then that must mean even 'positive' discrimination should be illegal. The law uses clearly defined rules, so if you want to make something ILLEGAL, you have to define the rules... this is definition. I bet you're one of these who goes over the speed limit, breaks the law but then claims "It wasn't proper speeding, guv..." because... semantics!