Cultural appropriation, a complete non-issue?

Is cultural appropriation even a thing?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is cultural appropriation even a thing?

• Yes, it's justified to call people out for it
    • No, not really it's fine to emulate other cultures
    • Other (please explain in post)

I'd be quite happy to see someone like Idris Elba play the role, as long as we can have someone like Martin Freeman in a remake of 'Shaft'.

it would be interesting to see how both turn out, but tbh i think a white shaft would just be well, crap lol

If you go down London Rd, you'll find a halal Mexican restaurant run by Pakistanis.

Has nobody told MP, Dawn Butler that people are free to cook whatever they like & change a recipe to give a new interpretation to a meal? All that matters is, is it any good?

We went to a German/Chinese restaurant, the problem was half an hour after finishing eating you want to invade Poland.

If you go down London Rd, you'll find a halal Mexican restaurant run by Pakistanis.

Has nobody told MP, Dawn Butler that people are free to cook whatever they like & change a recipe to give a new interpretation to a meal? All that matters is, is it any good?

I know, they’ll throw you in jail just for saying you’re English thèse days