"Alternatives" to standard treatment for cancer

Or perhaps he was very brave...

Perhaps in your world he was - to everyone else he'd given up as soon as diagnosed.

Taking life saving advice from herbalists isn't bravery.

That's true, but you still haven't understood the context of the risk.

Some other Group 1 carcinogens are alcohol, vehicle exhaust, painting and decorating, being a steel worker, hepatitis B, the contraceptive pill, and the sun!!!

And you're worried about sausages!!!

I'm not remotely worried about sausages, as I have the good sense not to eat them :)

As for processed meat being a group 1 carcinogen, I'm simply passing on what the World Health Organisation have said.

What do you think I've misunderstood about the 'context of the risk'?

I'm not remotely worried about sausages, as I have the good sense not to eat them :)

As for processed meat being a group 1 carcinogen, I'm simply passing on what the World Health Organisation have said.

What do you think I've misunderstood about the 'context of the risk'?

If you haven't misunderstood, and you're not worried about sossies, and plutonium, sunshine and going to work are Group 1 carcinogens too, just what is your point? Seems that you're just scaremongering.

If you haven't misunderstood, and you're not worried about sossies, and plutonium, sunshine and going to work are Group 1 carcinogens too, just what is your point? Seems that you're just scaremongering.

Or perhaps that it's easily possible to avoid sausages and less possible to avoid the others. However that doesn't mean you shouldnt work to limit exposure to iothers as much as possible.

Or perhaps that it's easily possible to avoid sausages and less possible to avoid the others. However that doesn't mean you shouldnt work to limit exposure to iothers as much as possible.

And what's the risk profile of sossies to you, or me, or anyone? I think it was an 18% increase in the risk of coleorectal cancers if you eat more than 400gms a day. But what's your risk of coleorectal cancer in the first place, and how much do you eat, and, and, and

I'm not saying stuff yourself with sossies regardless, but I talked about the actual risk, not the scaremongering risk, like this by onewheeldave.

Yes, a healthy diet certainly reduces the risk of getting cancer- plenty of evidence for that. Equally, several aspects of the more standard diet are now known to cause cancer, we now know, for example, that processed meat is a class 1 carcinogen.
Edited by ENG601PM

You can always you know - go look and see what the lifetime risk of colorectal cancer is...

Wheres the scaremongering in the facts that were presented above?

You can always you know - go look and see what the lifetime risk of colorectal cancer is...

Wheres the scaremongering in the facts that were presented above?

See the full edited post to include your answer written while you were asking your question

The bio of the "author" tells you all you need to know:

Andrew Von Butz (A. Von Butz) is a freelance writer and health enthusiast who loves exploring the vast world of natural foods and health, digging deep to get to the truth.

Andrew Von Butz got his start in freelance writing after discovering first-hand the importance of nutrition and exercise in gaining back his own health. His work is featured in a number of health magazines and newsletters, and he also runs his own media company at http://www.vonbutz.com

He runs an online health publication of his own at http://wholesomeherald.blogspot.com.

He is also a staff writer for NATURAL LIVING.COM

See the full edited post to include your answer written while you were asking your question

Wheres the scaremongering?

Patricia,

Very interesting what you say. Initially, my partner was being treated for a primary tumour at Western Park.We moved treatment to the Royal Marsden and Chelsea/ Westminster. The reason being, that if my partner needed surgery (now off the cards) the best place to be was at those two hospitals.

Chelsea/Westminster was where my partner was first treated for PCJ arising from HIV infection.So C/W was up to speed with my partner's medical condition and history.

HIV infection makes the treatment of cancer a little more involved than treating a person who does not have HIV. In spite of the effective ARV drugs, one's immune system is a little compromised and may not mop up all cancer cells

milling about in the body.

We are meeting with the Wester Park Oncology Team on March 2nd, 2018.

From preliminary communications, we will be discussing what treatments and trials might be available- and if necessary,will my partner be able to access

immunotherapy.

There's a lot going on now in mainstream cancer treatment.What I can't abide is the ,"It's all sh.. . It doesn't work. It's burn, slash and poison", that comes from some of the advocates for alternative cancer treatment.

I'm the eternal optimist. And as Bernie Segal describes in , "Love, Medicine and Miracles ", the "exceptional patient". I pray that my partner -with the help of modern oncology treatments -will be an exceptional patient.

So it goes.

---------- Post added 26-02-2018 at 15:43 ----------

Onewheeldave,

Just an aside.What do you think about Tim Noak's diet? He's certainly rocked the boat. He's not Atkins. He's not a nutter.The nutritional community are at his throat. Some nutritional scientists are in the camp of the Meditarian diet . Kenyans eat loads of carbs and run like hell.

Eat :sardines ,eggs and liver+ avocado amongst other things ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Noa

Edited by petemcewan

Just an aside.What do you think about Tim Noak's diet? He's certainly rocked the boat. He's not Atkins. He's not a nutter.The nutritional community are at his throat. Some nutritional scientists are in the camp of the Meditarian diet . Kenyans eat loads of carbs and run like hell.

Eat :sardines ,eggs and liver+ avocado amongst other things ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Noa

He's a high fat/low carb advocate. The wiki article doesn't mention it, but he's type 2 diabetic himself. I believe he was diagnosed shortly after going high fat/low carb?

Diet is a very complex subject, with a knowledge base full of vested interest influences and apparent contradictions. Personally, I don't rate the high fat/low carb approach, though I can see why it's popular. What do you think about it?

Wheres the scaremongering?

I'd say that

"Equally, several aspects of the more standard diet are now known to cause cancer, we now know, for example, that processed meat is a class 1 carcinogen."

without any context is pretty scary to the average person.