Japanese eye rich pickings from UK with PS3

So why do we have to pay £425 for the higher spec model when it costs $600 in the U.S (about £320 atm).

I wont be paying £425 for one but I'll probably end up getting one when the price drop inevitably comes, MSG4 is looking damn good.

£425 for a games console?! Ugh, Sony suck... And Sony zealots can all go shag a sheep... If they can afford it good luck to them, but personally I think Sony consoles and games are one of the most over-rated products in history...

And no, that is not trolling even though I know I'll probably get flamed for it.

£425 for a games console?! Ugh, Sony suck... And Sony zealots can all go shag a sheep... If they can afford it good luck to them, but personally I think Sony consoles and games are one of the most over-rated products in history...

And no, that is not trolling even though I know I'll probably get flamed for it.

I usually love sony - but with this.. its like a slap in the face from them I reckon.

The PSP I wanted for ages has turned into a big letdown for me as well so I will be selling it on shortly as well.

PS3 is too expensive IMHO - I dont like the idea of blu-ray and I dont like the fact that sony is just going ahead with the idea of spitting out the top model of the PS3 without giving us a choice if we want to buy the cheaper option.

I think you might be right Rich with this one being over-rated :thumbsup:

So what if they didnt release a cheaper cripled version, just one costing 425? would you still be complaining?

Lets see, it has a monster 8 core or whatever processor and an nvidia 78/79 gpu and a new generation disk drive. If you spec up a computer with the same components (without the monitor) and thats essentially what it is, a computer, what would that come to?

So what if they didnt release a cheaper cripled version, just one costing 425? would you still be complaining?

Lets see, it has a monster 8 core or whatever processor and an nvidia 78/79 gpu and a new generation disk drive. If you spec up a computer with the same components (without the monitor) and thats essentially what it is, a computer, what would that come to?

More than I get for my pocket money, and more than most parents can afford for their kids at XMAS. So I think I need to be adopted by say 3 more couples, and I might get lucky :cool:

And the xbox 360 has a tripple core CPU and ATI graphics which is the top performer at the moment!

I expect the 360 to drop in price just before the PS3 comes out making it even more appealable... and the sony controllers are pants! i understand the layout for the PS1 but after playing on a dreamcast then xbox, the PS2 controller layout is awful!!!

i would rather pay that much for a pc, which can do more than the ps3

The PS3, a complex machine, will cost more than £425 to make, but Sony will lose less on the high-spec version. (It profits on licensing fees from publishers writing games for the console.)

The UK office, however, doesn't seem enthusiastic about the announcement, which was unexpected and comes a year after the company's head of worldwide development, Phil Harrison, criticised Microsoft for selling two versions of the Xbox 360. People in glass houses ...

It does come across as hypocritical. Though, maybe they saw how well MS made out of selling the Xbox 360, that they want to follow a similar marketing ploy ?

A bit risky to sell something that they make may a loss out of. Though, I'd imagine the games would be just as expensive when it comes out. I don't know how people can justify this kind of luxury at the moment in the UK.

Sony would be stupid to charge £50+ for games when their console is over 400 notes in the first place....

Then again, I'm mad at Bill Gates for making me have to pay £50 a pop for my Xbox 360 games, I mean come on it's not like the guy needs the money, he's the second richest man in the Galaxy.

Yeah, but if I were speccing up a computer I wouldn't include a monster 8 core processor or a next generation disk drive because I don't need them. Sony is doing this to push blu-ray. £425 quid on a machine with a movie format I don't particularly want to help Sony win the DVD wars isn't a bargain to me.

I'm going Wii all the way because that focusses on what I want from a games machine: fun.