Abusive passenger kicked off Supertram after bigoted tirade

Do you think his behaviour was acceptable in a public place?

That was not too bad, have seen worse. Put a drunkard of a bus personally before and this guy on tram is a pussy compared to that.

I assume he had taken drugs or has a disability, lots of people take drugs in public. What happened to him he probably don't even realise until later when he comes back after the trip.

Edited by dutch

That was not too bad, have seen worse. Put a drunkard of a bus personally before and this guy on tram is a pussy compared to that.

Do you think it was acceptable though?

It's not a competition about who has seen worse, it's a question of whether we should accept that behaviour.

I've heard worse. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it sounded to me as though the unseen filmer was trying to wind him up.

I agree, I've seen and heard much worse, nothing new here. I've lived next door to someone of that nature for many years. Meak as a kitten without drink but a complete embarassment to his wife when he'd knocked back a few and he wanted to enter into a discussion.

Funnily enough he never bothered me, I knew how to handle him, although I can see how some people who aren't used to it can take offence. It's nothing new, just another harmless drunk, interestingly when he wanted to debate his behaviour was quite calm it's only when he was thrown off the tram (or was that his stop) that he wound it up a gear, probably because he was leaving the situation and felt that he could get the last word in without any comeback, one upmanship you know, nothing new at all.

Edited by crazybaby

Do you think it was acceptable though?

It's not a competition about who has seen worse, it's a question of whether we should accept that behaviour.

No it is not acceptable.

And it is not a competition.

We can investigate how it happened and do whatever needed to prevent this from happening.

I've heard worse. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it sounded to me as though the unseen filmer was trying to wind him up.

My bold=

I wonder if you would think the same if the racist opinion was about you?

There is no justification for this mans behaviour and you trying to play it down as "everyone is entitled to their opinion " says a lot about you.

This sort of behaviour needs challenging by all decent people...

---------- Post added 31-08-2017 at 11:03 ----------

I agree, I've seen and heard much worse, nothing new here. I've lived next door to someone of that nature for many years. Meak as a kitten without drink but a complete embarassment to his wife when he'd knocked back a few and he wanted to enter into a discussion.

Funnily enough he never bothered me, I knew how to handle him, although I can see how some people who aren't used to it can take offence. It's nothing new, just another harmless drunk, interestingly when he wanted to debate his behaviour was quite calm it's only when he was thrown off the tram (or was that his stop) that he wound it up a gear, probably because he was leaving the situation and felt that he could get the last word in without any comeback, one upmanship you know, nothing new at all.

my bold=

Oh that makes it alright and acceptable does it? ?

My bold=

I wonder if you would think the same if the racist opinion was about you?

There is no justification for this mans behaviour and you trying to play it down as "everyone is entitled to their opinion " says a lot about you.

This sort of behaviour needs challenging by all decent people...

Absolutely. Behaviour like this becoming tolerated or regarded as 'normal' is the start of a very slippery slope.

---------- Post added 31-08-2017 at 11:08 ----------

I think people need to find hobbies or jobs if they are concerned about little things like this.

Get over it is my opinion.

'little things' like racism? Umm.......

I think people need to find hobbies or jobs if they are concerned about little things like this.

Get over it is my opinion.

Good idea, it would help and less time/energy in thinking bout all that stuff that became too much for him to keep for himself.