Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Dear oh dear. You actually really thought that I might mean that? Really? I mean, really?

No, just pointing out that there are two meanings and not just the single one you implied.

Dear oh dear again. Go back, have another read of YOUR post, and see the quote where I write "I want people to think for themselves " and maybe have a think about what "There should be no such patronage. I suspect that most women agree." actually means, not what you would like it to mean.

I think that would typically be patronisation, not patronage.

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 18:24 ----------

"There should be no such patronage. I suspect that most women agree." actually means, not what you would like it to mean.

Perhaps you should think about what you actually said. Maybe rather than just guessing or speaking for women, you should find out whether they agree...

On your current performance I'm starting to doubt my belief that people should think for themselves, but in a potentially futile effort to stay on topic...

Ah, you're tried and tested ad hom approach to debate. Can't make the point, attack the poster instead.[quote[

Do you think that identity politics is a good thing or do you think that people should think for themselves?

False dichotomy.

Or, do you think that women, gays, femmes, butches, gender benders, or anyone should be patronised because you know what's best for them?

Ironic

"I suspect that most women agree."

I haven't claimed to know what's best for them. You are prepared to guess their opinion though.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Its morse code for "what a load of cobblers this topic is".

https://vimeo.com/253120683

Benjamin Butterworth comments on Jeremy Corbyn's support of self-identification for trans people and also on transphobia of the anti trans militants and of the press, including The Times in particular.

Yes I think it sums it all up quite well. He's right that Jennifer James has been suspended for harassment and bullying, not for her campaign. And that the Times has led the anti-trans campaign. Sometimes up to 3-5 articles a week.

Its morse code for "what a load of cobblers this topic is"

Be a dear and close the door on your way out, won't you?

No, just pointing out that there are two meanings and not just the single one you implied.

I think that would typically be patronisation, not patronage.

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 18:24 ----------

Perhaps you should think about what you actually said. Maybe rather than just guessing or speaking for women, you should find out whether they agree...

Ah, you're tried and tested ad hom approach to debate. Can't make the point, attack the poster instead.

Do you think that identity politics is a good thing or do you think that people should think for themselves?

False dichotomy.

Ironic

"I suspect that most women agree."

I haven't claimed to know what's best for them. You are prepared to guess their opinion though.

Since your English is as woeful as your maths, you really do need to start reading things more carefully before arriving at your wrong "opinion" because nowhere have I told women what to think or claimed what's best for them. Of all the people you can level that accusation at I am the last on the list. What I have done is to criticise people like you who are telling women (or anyone anywhere on the gender spectrum) what to think or what's best for them.

What people don't need is do gooding know nothings patronising them because the do-gooding know nothing thinks that it will be good for them, for reasons, or feelz, or something equally nebulous and patronising.

If you agree with that, you or I don't need to say anything more about it to each other. Walk away Cyclone, just walk away.

Edited by ENG601PM

What I have done is to criticise people like you who are telling women (or anyone anywhere on the gender spectrum) what to think or what's best for them.

is that like wearing the hijab? :suspect: or NOT

is that like wearing the hijab? :suspect: or NOT

You wear your hijab Mel. Why should anyone care so long as it's your genuine choice and not a symptom of misogynistic or cultural oppression.

You seem to think that you're about to catch me out but since I uphold consistent values arrived at from well thought through opinions for right or wrong, you're going to have a hard time of it, as you can see above. :)

Edited by ENG601PM

This is the great thing about identity politics. It is all in your own mind, so simply change you mind day by day to get the best results for you.

Best way to play the game.

You seem to think that you're about to catch me out but since I uphold consistent values arrived at from well thought through opinions for right or wrong

really? :roll:

At the end of the day, gender fluid people are such a small minority, within a minority, that the chances of them affecting your life in any significant way are remote. So getting hot under the collar about it is pointless. I prefer to highlight more important issues: like the fact that in Indonesia in the last few days, the police have been rounding up trans women and beating them, shaving their heads and 're-educating' them.

At the end of the day, gender fluid people are such a small minority, within a minority, that the chances of them affecting your life in any significant way are remote. So getting hot under the collar about it is pointless.

Its what some on here do best, getting hot under the collar :P