Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

is that like wearing the hijab? :suspect: or NOT

You wear your hijab Mel. Why should anyone care so long as it's your genuine choice and not a symptom of misogynistic or cultural oppression.

You seem to think that you're about to catch me out but since I uphold consistent values arrived at from well thought through opinions for right or wrong, you're going to have a hard time of it, as you can see above. :)

Edited by ENG601PM

At the end of the day, gender fluid people are such a small minority, within a minority, that the chances of them affecting your life in any significant way are remote. So getting hot under the collar about it is pointless. I prefer to highlight more important issues: like the fact that in Indonesia in the last few days, the police have been rounding up trans women and beating them, shaving their heads and 're-educating' them.

At the end of the day, gender fluid people are such a small minority, within a minority, that the chances of them affecting your life in any significant way are remote. So getting hot under the collar about it is pointless.

Its what some on here do best, getting hot under the collar :P

really? :roll:

Yes Mel, really, so while you try score a point by falsely insinuating that I'm some kind of hijabi racist you ignored marymalade's on topic point about trans cleansing in Indonesia.

Looking at Human Rights Watch it's predictably the local Sharia police swinging into action, righting wrongs that never happened, putting Islamic intolerance back on the agenda.

It sounds pretty appalling, this extract is the nicer part of the report. https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/01/30/indonesian-police-arrest-transgender-women

Indonesian police and Sharia (Islamic law) police jointly raided five hair salons owned by transgender women in Aceh province on Saturday. They arrested 12 waria, or trans women, forced them to strip off their shirts, and cut their hair in public. The waria remain detained as of Tuesday morning in Aceh.

Yes Mel, really, so while you try score a point by falsely insinuating that I'm some kind of hijabi racist you ignored marymalade's on topic point about trans cleansing in Indonesia.

Looking at Human Rights Watch it's predictably the local Sharia police swinging into action, righting wrongs that never happened, putting Islamic intolerance back on the agenda.

It sounds pretty appalling, this extract is the nicer part of the report. https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/01/30/indonesian-police-arrest-transgender-women

we all know what bad things go on in the religion, things that need changing, but you do not do that by being an islamophobe, and essentially wanting to do the same things to them

we all know what bad things go on in the religion, things that need changing, but you do not do that by being an islamophobe, and essentially wanting to do the same things to them

What? Now you're insinuating that I'm "an islamophobe, and essentially wanting to do the same things to them".

I feel that I deserve an apology from you there.

Then you can tell us what you think about Indonesian trans human rights violations. You know what I think.