High courts near sheffield?

does anyone know where the nearest high court is to sheffield?

Sheffield Crown Court.

HC registries in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham.

Also

Bradford

Dewsbury

Halifax

Lincoln

Manchester

Nottingham

Worksop

Edited by Annie Bynnol

thank you. it has to be a high court and not any other court. i could only find the birmingham one when i looked.

The nearest District Registry Of The High Court Of Justice is Sheffield.

The Sheffield Law Courts, West Bar.

yes that's correct sheffields high court is just near to west bar roundabout.

I have been in contact with Sheffield Courts Service who refused to put me in touch with a High Court and suggested I take my issue to Citizens Advice who suggested I contact my local Councillors and my MP which I have now done.

They also gave me a list of Solicitors who could offer a free consultation and possibly help me with my quest.

My issue is to do with the proposed/attempted removal of the tree outside my home.

I am fed up with being given the runaround by the Council.

It appears that Leeds is my nearest High Court.

NOW, does anyone have a contact number or even an email for this High Court?

Edited by muckymurphy
Clarification.

....Citizens Advice who suggested I contact......my MP......

Ironic since you have just failed to become your own MP. Perhaps the voters of Brightside & Hillsborough were put off by your not being able to use google.

Here's a link I found quickly to taking cases to the High Court https://www.gov.uk/guidance/queens-bench-division-bring-a-case-to-the-court there is a phone number on that link but not specifically for Leeds

Hope you have lots of money..... fees start at £10,000

this link tells you what each court does / covers https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/taking-legal-action/courts-of-law/

Guest sibon
I have been in contact with Sheffield Courts Service who refused to put me in touch with a High Court and suggested I take my issue to Citizens Advice who suggested I contact my local Councillors and my MP

Maybe they are trying to tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree.

Ironic since you have just failed to become your own MP. Perhaps the voters of Brightside & Hillsborough were put off by your not being able to use google.

Ironic? Failed?

Firstly, there is nothing ironic about standing in an election to represent the people in the constituency where you yourself live, indeed, it was a great honour.

Secondly, I succeeded in getting sufficient votes (about three times more than I expected) to retain my deposit, unlike many candidates from various parties across the UK.

Third, my first parliamentary campaign - one in which I did not spend a single penny - was, by comparison, an astounding success. I will become an MP one day, watch this space!

Fourth, I did use google to get where I got to. The link in this thread has only furnished me with a number for London - not for Leeds, which is what I requested.

Fifth, I have already requested, and received, the help of my new MP who, I trust, will do their best to assist me, unlike, not unexpectedly, some of the people on this forum who probably could not be bothered to vote.

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 05:15 ----------

Here's a link I found quickly to taking cases to the High Court https://www.gov.uk/guidance/queens-bench-division-bring-a-case-to-the-court there is a phone number on that link but not specifically for Leeds

Hope you have lots of money..... fees start at £10,000

this link tells you what each court does / covers https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/taking-legal-action/courts-of-law/

I have sufficient support that £10,000 minimum may not be such a big target to raise. The council, of course, has a bottomless pit of your money with which to fight me with. Rather than settle the issue amicably at minimal cost.

Expect a future council tax rise.

Thank you for posting the results of your research, much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ironic? Failed?

Firstly, there is nothing ironic about standing in an election to represent the people in the constituency where you yourself live, indeed, it was a great honour.

Secondly, I succeeded in getting sufficient votes (about three times more than I expected) to retain my deposit, unlike many candidates from various parties across the UK.

Third, my first parliamentary campaign - one in which I did not spend a single penny - was, by comparison, an astounding success. I will become an MP one day, watch this space!

Fourth, I did use google to get where I got to. The link in this thread has only furnished me with a number for London - not for Leeds, which is what I requested.

Fifth, I have already requested, and received, the help of my new MP who, I trust, will do their best to assist me, unlike, not unexpectedly, some of the people on this forum who probably could not be bothered to vote.

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 05:15 ----------

I have sufficient support that £10,000 minimum may not be such a big target to raise. The council, of course, has a bottomless pit of your money with which to fight me with. Rather than settle the issue amicably at minimal cost.

Expect a future council tax rise.

Thank you for posting the results of your research, much appreciated.

Thank you.

It's sad that you regard the council tax payers of Sheffield as a bottomless pit of money.