Blades Close Season Signing Rumours

I beg to differ:

In American English, a journeyman or journeywoman is an athlete who is technically competent but unable to excel.[1] The term is used elsewhere (such as in British and Australian contexts) to refer to a professional sportsman who plays for a large number of different clubs during his career.[2]

Show me a dictionary that says that. Wikipedia isn't a dictionary.

I think you'll find they do just as much winding up as we do and I have praised the job Wilder has done and said they'll do ok in the coming season on other threads winding up is what having a dual forum is all about.

One would think that the benefit of a dual forum this season would be that Owls fans can use recently gained extensive knowledge of the Championship and pass it on to the Blades?

I'm not sure posters on here realise just how petty some of their contributions actually are.

Guest sibon
One would think that the benefit of a dual forum this season would be that Owls fans can use recently gained extensive knowledge of the Championship and pass it on to the Blades?

I'm not sure posters on here realise just how petty some of their contributions actually are.

In fairness, the returnees are the most petty of the lot. That's probably why they get banned so often:rolleyes:

Show me a dictionary that says that. Wikipedia isn't a dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Journeyman

Look at definition 2 :

A professional athlete whose been around one's sport for a long time, but has been on many teams for a short period of time. In Boxing, a journeyman has fought many times, but has had few opportunities to win a title.

Or is Urbandictionary not good enough either? Shall we just keep moving the goalposts until your definition is agreed on by all parties . Out of interest which dictionary did your definition come from?

Edited by DaMan

You must be living in a parallel universe mate.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Journeyman

Look at definition 2 :

A professional athlete whose been around one's sport for a long time, but has been on many teams for a short period of time. In Boxing, a journeyman has fought many times, but has had few opportunities to win a title.

Or is Urbandictionary not good enough either? Shall we just keep moving the goalposts until your definition is agreed on by all parties ��. Out of interest which dictionary did your definition come from?

Wikipedia and Urbandictionary are open to all and sundry to write whatever they like so no, not good enough

I used the Cambridge University Press dictionary.

If a word is used wrongly often enough and for long enough then that meaning becomes part of the mainstream language so keep up the good work. :)

Wikipedia and Urbandictionary are open to all and sundry to write whatever they like so no, not good enough

I used the Cambridge University Press dictionary.

If a word is used wrongly often enough and for long enough then that meaning becomes part of the mainstream language so keep up the good work. :)

Link please because I can see no mention of sports in the journeyman definition on Cambridge University :D

Well done with the game changing, you've managed to convince yourself - nobody else though.

Name a player that the Owls have paid double for?

I'm not talking about any particular player,I'm talking about the amount of cash spent and where it's got you,the same place as we are now,that's where.

As for us,why would we overpay to get where we want to be?,which is where we are now,only idiots pay more than they have to do, to get to where they want to be.

Edited by chalga

I'm not talking about any particular player,I'm talking about the amount of cash spent and where it's got you,the same place as we are now,that's where.

As for us,why would we overpay to get where we want to be?,which is where we are now,only idiots pay more than they have to do, to get to where they want to be.

Bit misguided that to be fair , look at the Premier League and the obscene money spent , idiots ? or just competing in a crazy market .

Still If United can compete on a small budget good luck to them

You've been the biggest and wealthiest club in L1 since 2012 and still taken 5yrs to get out of it, the Owls have only had money to spend in the last two seasons and have been close on both occasions.

Where do you "want to be"?

You've been the biggest and wealthiest club in L1 since 2012 and still taken 5yrs to get out of it, the Owls have only had money to spend in the last two seasons and have been close on both occasions.

Where do you "want to be"?

The reality is,we are no longer the biggest and wealthiest club in L1,we are now where I 'want to be'

---------- Post added 07-07-2017 at 10:03 ----------

Bit misguided that to be fair , look at the Premier League and the obscene money spent , idiots ? or just competing in a crazy market .

Still If United can compete on a small budget good luck to them

Guess who on here is one of the biggest critics of the PL and all what it stands for,yet it's the same one who's criticising the Blades for not being part of 'obscene money spent' brigade.