An Easter Championship Dream.

It's looking like the fifth and sixth positions are between three clubs so as things stand at the moment, how's the dream going?

Assuming both rivals took maximum points from the next two games, minimum requirement for each contender is:

Wednesday: Two points needed to be sure of taking it to the final day (but would go into their last game needing to win).

Fulham: Three points needed to be sure of taking it to the final day (but would go into their last game needing to win and Wigan to beat Leeds).

Leeds: Four points needed to be sure of taking it to the final day (but would go into their last game needing to win and Wednesday to beat Fulham).

The picture will change after the next round of games but it's worth noting that even Reading and Huddersfield still need points to be sure of the play offs.

Edited by Jim Hardie
Got Fulham's minimum requirement wrong, lol.

Huddersfield v Fulham on Saturday is key.

Be interesting to see what psychological effect dropping out of the top 6 for the first time since November has on Leeds.

Hope to christ we can break the Derby hoodoo - but we broke the Warnock and QPR ones so fingers crossed

Be interesting to see what psychological effect dropping out of the top 6 for the first time since November has on Leeds.

Hope to christ we can break the Derby hoodoo - but we broke the Warnock and QPR ones so fingers crossed

Hoping to pull four points clear of Fulham (which is where we'd be but for that last minute sickener at Barnsley). Second prize would be Leeds falling further behind.

But.......it could be back to where it was if Derby beat us like Wolves beat Leeds. Could easily happen, it's that sort of division.

Yes Padders . . . remember Albert Quixall from Doe Royd Crescent ,

Meynell Road School along with the talented George Brown.

Didn't Tony Kay live on Southey Hill Mick,also one of the Shaws lived on Adlington Crescent,think it was Graham.

Hoping to pull four points clear of Fulham (which is where we'd be but for that last minute sickener at Barnsley). Second prize would be Leeds falling further behind.

But.......it could be back to where it was if Derby beat us like Wolves beat Leeds. Could easily happen, it's that sort of division.

Absolutely - I did not see that Leeds result coming at all.

Yes in the scheme of things the Barnsley goal was a nightmare. Saying that I even think back to the injury time equaliser Fulham scored against us at their place.

I think its safe to say there's going to be a lot of twists and turns in the next 2 weeks or so.

Didn't Tony Kay live on Southey Hill Mick,also one of the Shaws lived on Adlington Crescent,think it was Graham.

Hi Dave,

Yes Tony Kay did live on Southey Hill and Graham Shaw on Adlington Crescent.

Tony was born Attercliffe and went to Shirecliffe school .

In 1962 whilst a Wednesday player Tony was transferred from Wednesday to Everton

for £60,000 , what was then Britain's most expensive footballer.

You and my good self only lived 200 yards or so apart (bet you did'nt know that ... did you ?)

Tony married Marina Platts in 1957 , Marina went to Southey Green School

( my school also ) and was the sister of a classmate and chum of mine Geoffrey Platts.

Graham Shaw the ex Sheff Utd and England left back also went to Southey Green School.

Graham's house backed on to our house on Adlington Road .

The Shaw and the Barker ( my) families knew one another very well.

Good days, Dave.:)

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 20:42 ----------

Looking forward and dreaming about the Huddersfield v Fulham match, what a tense affair

this match promises to be .Nerves jangling for both managers, players and supporters alike.

Points will be dropped and hoping it wiil be Fulham along with a Wednesday win at Derby

leaving Fulham and Leeds to fight it out for the remaining 6th play - off place.

Well here goes dreaming . . .

Edited by Southey owl

Let's hope Udders beat the Cottagers.

Thanks for the bumpy ride Dave.

Huddersfield to help their Yorkshire colleagues to Wembley.

"All i have to do is Dream - Dream - Dream ".

Edited by Southey owl

Think you chaps should take a trip to the history section

Strangest thread ever on the football section.

it was squeaky bum time.

it was fingers crossed time.

now its touch wood time.

stop the dreaming, for now.

reality time now. Wednesday will get in the play offs.

Southey owl (mick} sorry its late but congratulations on the star walk win.

I competed in 1962. brill day that was.

I did the 'Star Walk' 4 times in the late 70's and early 80's.

My best time was around 4 hours 30 minutes.

Not too bad, I did have a pint in the bottom Red Lion, 2 in the Dev and 2 in the Five Arches.

I left the Arches with my third one and left the empty glass on the wall opposite the Wednesday ground. :hihi:

Edited by Hotmale 1954

it was squeaky bum time.

it was fingers crossed time.

now its touch wood time.

stop the dreaming, for now.

reality time now. Wednesday will get in the play offs.

Southey owl (mick} sorry its late but congratulations on the star walk win.

I competed in 1962. brill day that was.

Many thanks for your congrats Padders .:thumbsup:

1962 the year Malcolm Tolley won Star Walk , ex international race walking chum of mine

with Sheffield United Harriers.

And yes Padders all brilliant days.

Oh , and yes Padders it was'nt a dream that particular day . . . it was as you say . . . reality.:)

Edited by Southey owl