No risky business from Mr Wilder!

But its not beyond Mr Chansiris means and hes made a statement last night saying when he hands the club over to his children he wants to make sure the finances are in order

He said Premier League whatever it takes , If you guys can do it on a budget then fair play to you

Wimbledon et al did ok

With the rate of the Owls spending, I think they will be on a similar level as Brighton in the next couple of years, on the cusp of the PL but also sailing close to FFP.

If you get to the 'promised land' then FFP becomes irrelevant at that point.

I am not saying we should not spend at all, just not on mental amounts on players who aren't required.

I'm happy to leave it with the chairmen and what they see best. But I don't think it will be a shoestring budget. We have the fans backing and relatively wealthy chairman. I imagine our wage bill will be in the top 10 next year, whether we come anywhere close to that is another matter.

But its not beyond Mr Chansiris means and hes made a statement last night saying when he hands the club over to his children he wants to make sure the finances are in order

He said Premier League whatever it takes , If you guys can do it on a budget then fair play to you

Wimbledon et al did ok

We'll have our budget but the previous poster is correct in saying we'll buy players that are within our means. It's a balancing act and incomparable to Sheffield Wednesday.

Far too many teams spend beyond their means and have been left screwed over.

Portasmouth as a good example.

I'd rather spend money on players that are needed for a specific position with a specific plan for them.

If we take the Owls for instance, they have signed a number of forwards, all of which haven't exactly performed to the standards you would hope, especially for the money spent on them.

This could be down to any number of reasons, not enough opportunities, money spent in the wrong area of the pitch when sufficient players are already at the club for the positiion they're back-filling, being just 2.

But the Owls also aren't alone in that, that's just the most relevant one.

If we need a CB, I want us to get a CB who will be playing constantly, not a midfielder to try and hide the fact we need a CB.

Fletcher was a free transfer

Winnall cost £500k

Rhodes is on loan

FF cost £3m

Hooper cost £3m

A total outlay of £6.5/m...is not exactly excessive when you look at the fee's paid for Ross McCormack for example...

FF & Hooper "have performed to the standard you would hope"...

Fletcher has done it in patches...especially over the last two games..!!

Winnall and Rhodes...so far,haven't had the service, is the general opinion

Fletcher was a free transfer

Winnall cost £500k

Rhodes is on loan

FF cost £3m

Hooper cost £3m

A total outlay of £6.5/m...is not exactly excessive when you look at the fee's paid for Ross McCormack for example...

FF & Hooper "have performed to the standard you would hope"...

Fletcher has done it in patches...especially over the last two games..!!

Winnall and Rhodes...so far,haven't had the service, is the general opinion

The outlay in terms of fees is not too bad at all but you also have to take their wages in to consideration. This 4 players above will be on more wages than most others starting 11.

The outlay in terms of fees is not too bad at all but you also have to take their wages in to consideration. This 4 players above will be on more wages than most others starting 11.

I agree,but if you pay £10/15m in transfer fee before you've committed to salaries etc,then your on a slippery slope...its the old adage,if you pay peanuts,you get Monkeys...

I think the comment that the strikers haven't performed etc considering the fees paid is incorrect and a lazy one considering how much Wednesday have actually paid..

I agree,but if you pay £10/15m in transfer fee before you've committed to salaries etc,then your on a slippery slope...its the old adage,if you pay peanuts,you get Monkeys...

I think the comment that the strikers haven't performed etc considering the fees paid is incorrect and a lazy one considering how much Wednesday have actually paid..

talking of monkeys i notice you cunnungly left Big Dave out of your list :hihi::help:

talking of monkeys i notice you cunnungly left Big Dave out of your list :hihi::help:

Haha well spotted Mel...:hihi:

I don't disagree and to be honest your strike force is the envy of pretty much every team in the championship. You play two and have two equally good players on the bench. I don't think we will be spending anywhere near the likes of Wednesday but I also think the interview from Wilder is quite clever. If we say "hey we've got millions to spend" then every player we are interested in gets their price tag bumped up, with agents rubbing their greedy hands together.

I don't disagree and to be honest your strike force is the envy of pretty much every team in the championship. You play two and have two equally good players on the bench. I don't think we will be spending anywhere near the likes of Wednesday but I also think the interview from Wilder is quite clever. If we say "hey we've got millions to spend" then every player we are interested in gets their price tag bumped up, with agents rubbing their greedy hands together.

I've no doubt you'll be fine next season and might even shock a few people along the way..Wilder has a fantastic record which-ever league he's been in..

as long as Wednesday are one step in front at all times...:hihi:

What's lazy is that you don't read my words correctly and only see what you want to..

I mention how much you have spent on them, this includes fees, signing on fees and wages.

If you look at the wages commited to your forwards, then they are far far excessive for the returns.

We are also assuming here that Rhodes hasn't been commited to be signed, which we don't know either way.

But even with the supposed outlay of £6.5 million, you're the third lowest scorers in the top 14. Which you'd expect more from a supposed £6.5 million transfers fee and estimated £150k+ in wages (if reports are to be believed) per week.

My point is actually, you needed other areas strengthening and not the forwards, which would in turn effectively make your forwards look better value than they currently have been.

What's lazy is that you don't read my words correctly and only see what you want to..

I mention how much you have spent on them, this includes fees, signing on fees and wages.

If you look at the wages commited to your forwards, then they are far far excessive for the returns.

We are also assuming here that Rhodes hasn't been commited to be signed, which we don't know either way.

But even with the supposed outlay of £6.5 million, you're the third lowest scorers in the top 14. Which you'd expect more from a supposed £6.5 million transfers fee and estimated £150k+ in wages (if reports are to be believed) per week.

My point is actually, you needed other areas strengthening and not the forwards, which would in turn effectively make your forwards look better value than they currently have been.

You are only guessing on wages so can't really use that in your argument. Rhodes is an Owls player FACT the money will just change hands at the end of the season - fee unconfirmed but in the region of £8m.

---------- Post added 13-04-2017 at 12:04 ----------

Although the "game changing investment" quote was a little taken out of context, it arguably was a game changer; at least for him and internally behind the scenes.

I think McCabe will look back at that statement "think Liverpool" one and will regret saying this. It does send out the wrong messages to other clubs in terms of them bumping their player transfers fees up. I'm sure he'll have learnt.

We've all said things in the past where others have misunderstood the context - especially Wednesday fans looking into something that wasn't there. I think they were more excited than the Blades fans were, obviously for different reasons.

Welcome back.

The game changing investment had no context, he said those two words and that was it.

Its ok being prudent with spending but if your struggling by Xmas would the fans still be happy with that approach.

---------- Post added 13-04-2017 at 12:06 ----------

With the rate of the Owls spending, I think they will be on a similar level as Brighton in the next couple of years, on the cusp of the PL but also sailing close to FFP.

If you get to the 'promised land' then FFP becomes irrelevant at that point.

I am not saying we should not spend at all, just not on mental amounts on players who aren't required.

I'm happy to leave it with the chairmen and what they see best. But I don't think it will be a shoestring budget. We have the fans backing and relatively wealthy chairman. I imagine our wage bill will be in the top 10 next year, whether we come anywhere close to that is another matter.

Sailing close to FFP is fine, the chairman asked the fans last night if he should break it and face an embargo and the consensus was no, it would be better to be patient.

Nothing lazy on my part ..but you do have a habit of wanting everything spelling out for you...

I don't know what wages are paid to any player....and i'd be very surprised if you did either...but it seems to form the crux of your argument...so it's flawed really,but you seem to be dazzled by it...