Anyone remember prefabs on scotia drive?

I lived on Scotia Drive from 1947 to 1966. I remember a few names, David Eyre, Neville Burgin, Dougie Bramall, Janet Cookson, Kieth and Clifford Holtby etc. Anybody else remember them and others?

Janet Cookson & her sister Margaret are my cousins.

Here is a scan from the 1959 Kelly's Directory that might include some familiar names!

Not connected to original post but my Aunt & Uncle lived in a Prefab on

Scraith Wood Drive just off Herries Road.

The prefabs were fine, more of these could help the housing crisis, but are they

suitable for everyone as they do not have kerb appeal ?

...The prefabs were fine, more of these could help the housing crisis, but are they suitable for everyone as they do not have kerb appeal ?
Hard to say, but they have certainly proved durable. The ones on Scraith Wood Drive are long gone but some survive at Stannington and Ecclesfield for example. Not bad, to say they were designed to alleviate the post-war housing shortage and intended to last 10 years or so!

Cliff Road Stannington, my Best Man's mum and dad lived there, lovely garden with

great views, as you said they are still standing although some of the plots have been

replaced by brick built ones.

Here is a scan from the 1959 Kelly's Directory that might include some familiar names!

Many thanks for that info sir. I recognised most of them (particularly my dad at 22)

---------- Post added 13-02-2017 at 14:59 ----------

Janet Cookson & her sister Margaret are my cousins.

Thanks Jean J.I think their dad was called Ernest and he used to share the odd bet on the horses with my dad. If you see them please wish them all the best from Ray Hartley (ex No. 22)

Lived at no 6 wulfric place 1946/1961 one of six on that road. 2 beds. Kitchen bathroom separate WC. living room with fire fridge. airing cupboard. emersion heater. coal ole outside

These backed on to Scotia drive

Edited by dennisgwild

I had a cousin who lived in one of these her maiden name was Barbara Smith I believe they were the ones on Mansfield Road. If anyone ha any info on her I would appreciate it.