Naseem Hamed sentenced to 15 months & 4 year driving ban - now released

But there is limit to what people should post on this forum and for someone to put in block capitals(shouting) you are a coward is wrong

BUT HE SHOUTED when it was not required and it got my back up

If you look back through this post and others I am not on nassen,s side very much the opposite.

Why was it not required? Hamed is a coward - what else do you call running away from an accident you caused. And it's about time it was shouted. It's not like john t did his whole message in capitals. And there is a message from you further back in this thread telling us all to leave Naseem alone so I certainly thought you were on his side.

Got to say, I WAS a fan. I've got all the early fight videos (yes, videos-remember them??:D ) and have met him in the past.

Things change and money changes things and people.

And usually not for the better.

What was it he said when he came out? I know it was saying that he'd not seen his kid and it wasn't as though anyone had died. Doesn't seem to be expressing much sorrow for the victim, just that he is the victim for not seeing his family.

I heard the statement he made when he came out and realised at that point that he doesn't hire anyone to advise him on public speaches or making statements.

That statement made him sound quite the opposite of someone that's sorry for his actions, whether that was his aim or not. The part about nobody dying was something the media picked up on and with good reason.

If I was being released from prison after doing such a thing I think I'd have something a little more to say in the way of an apology and not sound like I was attempting to play down the incident.

Regardless of who this man may or may not have been in the past, his actions are now meant to be put behind him as he's meant to have done his time. Although he's been released I don't feel this is so, his sentence was an insult to the victim and a reasurance to those that choose to drive that like in the future, they surely have little to fear about the concequences for their actions.

• 3 months later...
What was it he said when he came out? I know it was saying that he'd not seen his kid and it wasn't as though anyone had died. Doesn't seem to be expressing much sorrow for the victim, just that he is the victim for not seeing his family.

that's bang on, not a word of "OMG, I'm so sorry for ruining this bloke's life, and maiming him, and how many shades of a so-and-so was I for running off, without a care for whether this guy was alive or dead...!"

It was all "well, he didn't die, did he? and look how awfully *I've* been treated:- poor old me, *I* had to miss the birth of my son, beause the nasty courts banged me up for a few weeks!"

it's ridiculous, and IMO is evidence that this arrogant idiot shows not one shred of remorse.

the story is he has now been stripped of his boxing title. i don't know how that is reperation for his despicable behaviour but the oard obviously feel better.

Wasn't Mike Tyson also stripped of some boxing title when he was jailed about 10 yrs ago?

Would it be something to do with the fact that criminality and the prestige of an international sporting title cannot sit easily together?

I watched from a distance as Mr Burgin was cut out of his car and airlifted to hospital. I didn't see Hamed anywhere nearby. In fact, many people around me were saying that he'd run away as soon as he could get out of his car. I expect his heart was busy going out to Mr Burgin then.

Quite! I was under the impression he ran & payed one of his cronies to take the fall by saying they were driving.

I also heard that there was a witness, a local farmer, who has since recieved threats and intimidation from these same cronies.... Does anyone know if this is really the case? I wonder if this story is true simply because it wasn't reported *at all* during the subsequent coverage.

Archived