Western Bank Bus Lane

Hi

Coming back from Hospital down Western Bank passed the University I noticed that traffic were using the 24hr bus lane despite a camera on one of the lamp-posts I noticed that one of the bus lane signs was turned on its edge

according to the council it is an un-enforced bus lane (no buses use this road now)

Does any one now what is the situation with this bus lane

It isn't a bus lane any more.

Hi

Coming back from Hospital down Western Bank passed the University I noticed that traffic were using the 24hr bus lane despite a camera on one of the lamp-posts I noticed that one of the bus lane signs was turned on its edge

according to the council it is an un-enforced bus lane (no buses use this road now)

I noticed today that one sign is still up (just before entrance to Arts Tower)

but the bus lane signs on the road have been scrubbed out.

I'd use it.

I wondered why I was getting looks for travelling in the outside lane

I wondered why I was getting looks for travelling in the outside lane

I think it seems also quite narrow at the Arts Tower bit, and also will need remarking as the left lane now means left only (Bolsover St/Netherthorpe Rd)

Has all the faffing about with the road there finished now? I've been avoiding it for months now because of the congestion.

It was easy at 9pm but their was signs of works

Hi

It hasn't been a bus lane for about 2 months as buses now turn right down Clarkson Street.

They've nearly finished the roadworks on this stretch, just have to remove the old pedestrian crossing nearest the roundabout and switch the new ones on further back up the road.

Has all the faffing about with the road there finished now? I've been avoiding it for months now because of the congestion.

It seems to have quietened down a lot this since this year started. Last night about 5.15pm there wasn't even a queue up Brook Hill.

It hasn't been a bus lane for about 2 months as buses now turn right down Clarkson Street.

They've nearly finished the roadworks on this stretch, just have to remove the old pedestrian crossing nearest the roundabout and switch the new ones on further back up the road.

I wouldn't bet on it, the illuminated sign outside the University says there are going to be roadworks there until July!

I have been using it since the 'BUS LANE' markings were burnt off, but then the other day I noticed one of the blue signs saying it was a bus lane about halfway down the hill. It looked fairly new so then I became paranoid that the lane was still being enforced. They just need to resurface the road with black tarmac so everyone knows where they are :huh:

heads up. this is separate to the Uni work

Amey Works on the Flyover/Concourse

Works by Amey on the Western Bank flyover are scheduled to take place from week commencing 6 February 2017. The work is expected to last 22 weeks in total and parts of the concourse will be hoarded off throughout the work. Pedestrians are advised to proceed with care whilst these works are taking place.

There is likely to be delays for vehicles using Western Bank during these works.