Sheffield bus fare change vouchers

There are a lot of rants I have so I am going to split them into separate subjects. Firstly, money for tickets. Your bus driver does not have an endless supply of change. Your bus driver must supply his own float for the day. That's out if his own pocket. So don't think that like any big shop or supermarket, you can pay for a one pound journey with a tenner! Or buy a weekly pass for between £12.50 and £15 with a twenty. You and everyone else on a Monday morning all have the ssme idea. You have all weekend to split that money down but you can't be bothered. That's why you get a change voucher and that's why you moan because now you can't buy your lunch. You do it every week and never learn. Your bus driver doesn't want the constant arguments and delays trying to get you to work/school on time but you leave him no choice. You know who you are.

If say if your someone like me who very rarely9 uses the peasant wagon, i have no idead what the fare is for the destination and i dont every carry change as i always pay by card everywhere or only carry notes. So not everyone is the same.

Also on w occasions when i have tried to use change, 10p,20p,50p on first buses the driver wouldnt accept as he/she apparently had too much change. This then resulted in having tonise a note and then carry around yet more change! This is a prime example of why i wouldnt pay for a fare with change

I always buy a monthly ticket with the exact money, it's not hard. I've seen passengers, usually the younger end, stand near shops for ten minutes then try to pay a single fare to town with a twenty pound note. They should be not allowed to board unless you have the correct fare or you have a monthly, daily or any other pass.

There are a lot of rants I have so I am going to split them into separate subjects. Firstly, money for tickets. Your bus driver does not have an endless supply of change. Your bus driver must supply his own float for the day. That's out if his own pocket. So don't think that like any big shop or supermarket, you can pay for a one pound journey with a tenner! Or buy a weekly pass for between £12.50 and £15 with a twenty. You and everyone else on a Monday morning all have the ssme idea. You have all weekend to split that money down but you can't be bothered. That's why you get a change voucher and that's why you moan because now you can't buy your lunch. You do it every week and never learn. Your bus driver doesn't want the constant arguments and delays trying to get you to work/school on time but you leave him no choice. You know who you are.

I don't see the issue with buying a weekly pass with a £20 note then again I drive everywhere and don't care about how the bus drivers feel. Contactless payment is the way forward surely ? But then I'm sure the "it costs money to implement" line will be spouted.

I catch the bus to and from work and it does my head listening to someone arguing with the driver because they don't have the right money. Then going home at the college stop, 25 get on and every single day does at least 5 of them not have the correct pass/ change/ enough money or any idea where they are going, it's the same faces every day. Then people complain when the bus is late.

Here's an idea, the company should provide a decent size float so that people can pay for tickets with the kind of money that cash machines give them.

If say if your someone like me who very rarely9 uses the peasant wagon, i have no idead what the fare is for the destination and i dont every carry change as i always pay by card everywhere or only carry notes. So not everyone is the same.

Also on w occasions when i have tried to use change, 10p,20p,50p on first buses the driver wouldnt accept as he/she apparently had too much change. This then resulted in having tonise a note and then carry around yet more change! This is a prime example of why i wouldnt pay for a fare with change

why would the driver say he/she has too much change? they don`t have to count it all at end of their shift. it all gets chucked into a machine that counts it all for them

Guest busdriver1
why would the driver say he/she has too much change? they don`t have to count it all at end of their shift. it all gets chucked into a machine that counts it all for them

A bus driver NEVER has too much change, this scenario happened in a dream or whilst chemically adjusted.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 09:49 ----------

We have heard this before.

When you have paid for something with a note and get change do you throw it away?

Sounds like BS to me.