Dystopia, It's all too awful

I've reported the thread so as to correct the misspelling. My apologies to you all.

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 10:19 ----------

*-ash-*

How is it brought under control ,ethically ?

Education and prosperity.

The birth rate in most 1st world countries is lower than the retention level (ie more people die than are born).

*-ash-*

How is it brought under control ,ethically ?

The population you mean?

It can't/it won't.

The World could be totally wonderful for everybody, but money, its acquisition, and the need to wallow in excess seems to be at the bottom of the biggest problems.

A more equitable distribution would bring about a great many benefits to all, particularly those countries that are below a satisfactory worldwide level.

The population you mean?

It can't/it won't.

Yes, I meant the population.

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 14:19 ----------

A lot of our optimism does rely heavily on a belief in endless material progression. It's like an article of faith. Every politician agrees on economic growth. in their view it is ,good, necessary,the proper end of organized human activity. It's the engine that drives education and prosperity.

The World could be totally wonderful for everybody, but money, its acquisition, and the need to wallow in excess seems to be at the bottom of the biggest problems.

A more equitable distribution would bring about a great many benefits to all, particularly those countries that are below a satisfactory worldwide level.

So what happens when you divvy up the world's money amongst everyone (in this idealist utopia), and some people want and try to attain more?

And what is excess anyway?

I watched that gangland britian thing on tv the otherweek, and the guys and girls in it were drug dealing because they 'wanted to feed the family innit' - and when it showed what they spent their money on, it was expensive overpriced ****e trainers and tops with labels on innit, feel me? :hihi:

My profoundest apologies, 'dystopia' & 'awful'. Normally my spelling is impeccable. However , when shouting down the stairs to my partner, 'how do you spell this?' Sometimes it comes out wrong. I'll have to flagellate myself for letting down the standards of the Forum. I'm not blaming my partner for it. It was me , fair cop governor, it was me that done it .

A spellchecker is very useful. Most browsers have one, or you can get an add-on/extension. They're available in UK English.

They're not perfect, for instance they won't correct there/their/they're but they catch most typos and mistakes.

A spellchecker is very useful. Most browsers have one, or you can get an add-on/extension. They're available in UK English.

They're not perfect, for instance they won't correct there/their/they're but they catch most typos and mistakes.

Nagel,

Thanks for the tip.

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 15:17 ----------

*-ash-*

I had classes full of them in North London- threatening to get me shot for "dissin" them.

"Know what I'm saying bro "? " Do you get me"? "Safe innit ".

LOL.

So what happens when you divvy up the world's money amongst everyone (in this idealist utopia), and some people want and try to attain more?

And what is excess anyway?

I watched that gangland britian thing on tv the otherweek, and the guys and girls in it were drug dealing because they 'wanted to feed the family innit' - and when it showed what they spent their money on, it was expensive overpriced ****e trainers and tops with labels on innit, feel me? :hihi:

As I've said before, this is not what I mean.

Food, clean water and shelter should be a basic fundamental human right in the 21st century. We can afford it.

Then I'd like to see the 'divvy up' going to governments with the proviso that it be spent on infrastructure and projects that benefit everybody and give them a decent standard of life.

Then I'd like to see a lot more money going to real charitable foundations to provide what is needed in a local area, which includes money for small business startups etc to provide work if required.

I'd like to see every country have a proper health and welfare system and a fair and honest tax system. Above a very generous allowance of several millions which should be more than enough for anybody, I'd put a cap/tax on personal wealth at 100%

I'd also like to see people encouraged to admire others for the kind of people they are rather than what they're worth, and ambition be to become the best person you can be, rather than the wealthiest by whatever means.

Edited by Anna B

As I've said before, this is not what I mean.

Food, clean water and shelter should be a basic fundamental human right in the 21st century. We can afford it.

Then I'd like to see the 'divvy up' going to governments with the proviso that it be spent on infrastructure and projects that benefit everybody and give them a decent standard of life.

Then I'd like to see a lot more money going to real charitable foundations to provide what is needed in a local area, which includes money for small business startups etc to provide work if required.

I'd like to see every country have a proper health and welfare system and a fair and honest tax system. Above a very generous allowance of several millions which should be more than enough for anybody, I'd put a cap/tax on personal wealth at 100%

I'd also like to see people encouraged to admire others for the kind of people they are rather than what they're worth, and ambition be to become the best person you can be, rather than the wealthiest by whatever means.

So we're to conquer such countries that don't do so and see that they're properly run?

As far as I can see you want a progressive world government to step in and go around fixing things. It's an idea which it is extremely unlikely could be implemented without a great deal of destruction and loss of life. I'm sure that's not what you want but try imposing the Pax Anna on the world without it.

Edited by unbeliever

Education and prosperity.

The birth rate in most 1st world countries is lower than the retention level (ie more people die than are born).

More to the point, we've reached peak child. The global population of under 15 year olds has stabilised at about 2 billion. Increases in the population now will be from people living longer. That still means the global population will continue to increase for a while but it will eventually also stabilise - we are not headed for unlimited population growth.

More to the point, we've reached peak child. The global population of under 15 year olds has stabilised at about 2 billion. Increases in the population now will be from people living longer. That still means the global population will continue to increase for a while but it will eventually also stabilise - we are not headed for unlimited population growth.

I'd be surprised if it ever passes 10 bullion and sustaining a world population of 10 billion at a good standard is well within our capabilities as a species.