Police ignoring drug dealers

Many years ago, one of my neighbours reported drug dealing taking place every night in a car park across the road. The police told her they knew about it and would sooner have it happening there, where they knew, than somewhere else that they didn't know about.

What is the point of that? I thought the police were supposed to enforce the law! Nowadays it is like the police make the law by choosing which to enforce and which to ignore.

Many years ago, one of my neighbours reported drug dealing taking place every night in a car park across the road. The police told her they knew about it and would sooner have it happening there, where they knew, than somewhere else that they didn't know about.

What is the point of that? I thought the police were supposed to enforce the law! Nowadays it is like the police make the law by choosing which to enforce and which to ignore.

Have you actually read any posts on this thread ?

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 16:57 ----------

How do you know the police are not covertly watching these dealers and building up sizeable evidence against them?

They raided a house near me that they had been watching for around 3 months not long ago so they know best time to raid it.

More evidence= more chance of a conviction which hopefully leads to a good prison sentence ,also they watch the lower chain dealers hoping it will lead to the bigger dealers

Read the above post and give it a little thought......

Have you actually read any posts on this thread ?
Yes, all of them! Have you?

Read the above post and give it a little thought......
The point I was making was that the police gave my neighbour the impression they had no intention of taking action.

Yes, all of them! Have you?

The point I was making was that the police gave my neighbour the impression they had no intention of taking action.

How do you know they didn't take action - I doubt they would think to inform you.

Or perhaps they're not really as ubiquitous as you think.

I suppose it could be that Wadsley has no such problems.

Maybe your experience isn't representative of everyone else in the country even!

Maybe it isn't. I never actually said it was and I'm not sure where the rest of the country comes in to it to be honest.

Really???...............

Police want dealers, but what they really want is those that supply the dealers! If there is any possibility of getting those that grow or provide imported stuff then obviously that is a priority.

The initial sources are the ones they want because without them there is nothing for the dealers to move!

They like to know where the dealers/sellers are and do keep an eye on them gathering intelligence for the big one!

Info provided by a very very good source :)

Police want dealers, but what they really want is those that supply the dealers! If there is any possibility of getting those that grow or provide imported stuff then obviously that is a priority.

The initial sources are the ones they want because without them there is nothing for the dealers to move!

They like to know where the dealers/sellers are and do keep an eye on them gathering intelligence for the big one!

I heard on the radio phone in that people in Rotherham were being told similar things when they were asking about the number of young girls being taken to certain properties.

How dare you come on Sheffield Forum and start talking common sense! :hihi:

You won't be popular here. (said tongue in cheek of course)

How dare you come on Sheffield Forum and start talking common sense! :hihi:

You won't be popular here. (said tongue in cheek of course)

Common sense is sometimes more common than you think :D;) a little inside information also works wonders :D