Android phone Call blocking

I have a Sony Experia T3 and I want to restrict calls to only numbers in the contacts list.

I dont want anyone who is not in the contacts list to be able to phone and I dont want anyone not in the contacts list to be phoned,

Is this possible, if so how?

Download "should I answer" from the play store - it has a setting for this.

Thank you. I just gave that a try and it would be perfect but it wont let me turn off the notifications. I turn them off, exit the program then check again and they are all switched on again, The app needs an air of secrecy about it so I need to be able to turn off the notifications.

Set your phone to no private numbers and then block the numbers also.

Thank you. I just gave that a try and it would be perfect but it wont let me turn off the notifications. I turn them off, exit the program then check again and they are all switched on again, The app needs an air of secrecy about it so I need to be able to turn off the notifications.

Oop's - read it wrong...

I don't have the same phone as you, I have a Samsung S6 but it still runs on android - There is a setting to block unknown callers or to restrict incoming calls to those from contacts only. Its under call blocking in call settings. As for stopping anyone who isn't in your contacts from being able to be called(outgoing) from your phone, I doubt if thats possible - Why are you wanting to do that? Is it a phone for a child or something? x

I don't have the same phone as you, I have a Samsung S6 but it still runs on android - There is a setting to block unknown callers or to restrict incoming calls to those from contacts only. Its under call blocking in call settings. As for stopping anyone who isn't in your contacts from being able to be called(outgoing) from your phone, I doubt if thats possible - Why are you wanting to do that? Is it a phone for a child or something? x

Yep. I had to change the number due to hassle and so want to lock down the phone so it can only phone contacts and receive calls from contacts. Ill dig around the settings and see what I can find. Thank you :)

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 10:14 ----------

Oop's - read it wrong...

Tbh mate you were pretty much spot on. I am using the app you recommended until i can find a more silent one and its quite good so a big thanks for that :)

Go into call settings, android has barring and blocking features

I have Comodo Internet Security for Android - it is brilliant - just ordered a new appliance from ao.com last night - this a.m. Comodo barred an unknown number - on searching found it to be ao.com number for selling extended warranty - needless to say it is remaining blocked! ;):D

Depends which version of Android.

Every one since 2.4...