Cars being torched in Foxhill

Read in this newspaper yesterday that 26 vehicles were torched on the Foxhill estate in the past year!

What kind of Police do we have in this Country when this is allowed to continue?

That is an incredible number of vehicles and will have caused considerable stress to the owners.

I'm sure they are all having to pay higher premiums too!

Read in this newspaper yesterday that 26 vehicles were torched on the Foxhill estate in the past year!

What kind of Police do we have in this Country when this is allowed to continue?

That is an incredible number of vehicles and will have caused considerable stress to the owners.

I'm sure they are all having to pay higher premiums too!

Do you live on there?

they could use a cheap bait car, set up a camera on it, might catch them then.

they could use a cheap bait car, set up a camera on it, might catch them then.

well the camera would have to have remote recording if its to go up in flames.

I'm no Poirot but being as these arson attacks between midnight and 3am, could the Police not deploy officers to Foxhill during those hours?

They seem to be incredibly reactive rather than proactive!

What's laughable is the constant quote from South Yorkshire Fire Service stating "We take arson attacks extremely seriously".

If so, why have these arsonists been allowed to torch 26 vehicles?

I'm no Poirot but being as these arson attacks between midnight and 3am, could the Police not deploy officers to Foxhill during those hours?

They seem to be incredibly reactive rather than proactive!

What's laughable is the constant quote from South Yorkshire Fire Service stating "We take arson attacks extremely seriously".

Not answering my question then?

Is there a reason for that?

well the camera would have to have remote recording if its to go up in flames.

Lol ah sorry when i said 'on it' i meant focused on the car. not actually attached to. :)

Lol ah sorry when i said 'on it' i meant focused on the car. not actually attached to. :)

ok that makes sense :)

Yet another car was torched on Foxhill Crescent a week ago. The area has had around 30 cars torched in the past couple of years and still no one has been caught.

Do we actually have a Police force in this City?

How on earth can so many vehicles be torched without anyone being caught?

It's OK though, because the owners will get a call 5 days later from 2 Police Officers asking if they want "Victim Support" (Whatever that is?).

Maybe it reimburses them the expense of their vehicle, or the ever-increasing RISE of council tax to pay 2 Police Officers asking if they want "Victim Support" (Whatever that is?).

arrrgh it makes my head ache!

What's laughable is that you're unaware that it's not the job of the fire service to apprehend criminals.

What's laughable is that you're unaware that it's not the job of the fire service to apprehend criminals.

Once upon a time you'd think it was. When Jimi Hendrix played at Peter Stringfellow's MOJO club that was on Barnsley road, Someone suspected that he and the band were taking drugs backstage and weirdly it was the fire service that turned up to investigate this.

"GO: How did the Mojo Club gig in Sheffield go?

DM: Even before the gig started there were problems as the Sheffield police had been tipped off about the night before in Manchester. Peter Stringfellow told me an amusing story about this.

The police in Sheffield at that time didn’t quite know what to do when they received the tip-off from Manchester, so they sent in the fire brigade to check upon things! As Peter related it to me, two burly firemen came into the Mojo Club to see Jimi and said to him, “Come on blackie, where are the drugs?” To which Jimi replied, “No drugs in here, man!”

They looked around and could not find anything, so Peter told them to apologise to Jimi, which they did. Jimi replied, “Hey, cool, man” from behind a large spliff he had just lit up…."

http://www.univibes.com/JimiPlaysSheffield.html

This is where they found my stolen car... Makes you wonder doesn't it. Is there a group of kids behind this or is it a pyromaniac?