Fraudster avoids jail

I can't believe she has got away with it. The church has now added fraudsters to the child rapists it protects.

I think you'll find that the Catholic Church pretty much has the monopoly on protecting child rapists.

Who knows what Jesus would have done, quick slap on the wrist maybe?

That's it, you think someone spent everything they had, put themselves into the hands of armed smugglers and fled the country they knew, they were born in and were native to... Just because they had an inkling that Britain might somehow be "a good destination".

And the risk of being in a camp like at Calais, or drowning in the Mediterranean, all taken because of this inkling...

Yes, and many thousands of others do the same. Don't you watch the news?! :roll:

That's it, you think someone spent everything they had, put themselves into the hands of armed smugglers and fled the country they knew, they were born in and were native to... Just because they had an inkling that Britain might somehow be "a good destination".

And the risk of being in a camp like at Calais, or drowning in the Mediterranean, all taken because of this inkling...

Haven't you read the newspapers lately?There are thousands of people doing just that..... I thought you were more savvy Cyclone..

Yes, and many thousands of others do the same. Don't you watch the news?! :roll:

Haven't you read the newspapers lately?There are thousands of people doing just that..... I thought you were more savvy Cyclone..

I read it that no-one comes over here based on a 'inkling'. They base their decision on hard evidence.

There are thousands, but not because of an "inkling", it's more about the fear of rape, torture and death if they don't leave.

But you know, if you want to pretend it's because of an "inkling" about being able to live the life of riley on benefits in the UK, then, well, I guess UKIP will be glad of your vote.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 10:28 ----------

Have you confused proof that there are thousands of people trying to get here, with proof that the motivation is the inkling you mentioned?

I asked you why they hand over all their money and put themselves in the hands of armed people smugglers, and risk a very real chance of dying just to get here.

And so far you've come up with a "inkling".

Are you carefully avoiding thinking about what they might be running away from, in case it actually makes you feel an inkling of empathy?

It has to be a judges nightmare when they have to level a charge when you have people coming out of the woodwork trying ,and being successful in this instance to have a guilty party set free.

Its not a case of whether I agree or disagree .But surely if they have gone through due process and being found guilty only to find that circumstances portrayed to the judge have no repercussions.

I am sure if we were to go round any prison we would find people seemingly guilty with an equally good enough reason to be freed.

I daresay that there will be many who disagree with me but thats OK .I just think guilty is guilty ,end of.......

It has to be a judges nightmare when they have to level a charge when you have people coming out of the woodwork trying ,and being successful in this instance to have a guilty party set free.

Its not a case of whether I agree or disagree .But surely if they have gone through due process and being found guilty only to find that circumstances portrayed to the judge have no repercussions.

I am sure if we were to go round any prison we would find people seemingly guilty with an equally good enough reason to be freed.

I daresay that there will be many who disagree with me but thats OK .I just think guilty is guilty ,end of.......

I agree fully. Well said.

I agree fully. Well said.

Same here.

She entered the country illegally 12 years ago.

She has been housed, given benefits, given nhs treatment, given school places for her kids.....all paid for by the tax payer.

And then she stole over £50,000......twice.

The only time she said sorry when when she got caught......twice.

She shouldve got 3 years and then deported. :rant:

1. Judges deal with cases like this daily. They don't make the newspapers because the reporters don't report those cases that won't sell copy. This one was reported and has sold copy and caused a great deal of frothing on here - despite none of the posters knowing the full facts and relying on the star version.

2. I don't follow the "have the guilty party set free" - she pleaded guilty. Gets credit for that guilty plea (thats the law) and having heard the facts (which unless you were in court you have not) as outlined by the prosecution, then heard the mitigation (which unless you have been in court you have not). The judge will refer to the guidelines for such offences. He determines which bracket the offending falls within and then sets about deciding what the start point after trial would have been and then allowing for plea and other mitigation (and it appears there was a good deal here) he determines the sentence.

If "people coming out of the woodwork" is meant to be a reference to those who troubled themselves to support this person at court and wrote the odd reference for the judge expressing views nothing new in that - happens daily.

3. If you have ever been to prison you will find many people not happy about being there.

4. Your final comment "guilty is guilty" makes no sense.

Those who want her locked up and no doubt can't understand why many people do not go prison - pay for more prisons to be built or go to the USA where the prison population is vast. Mind they have a funny idea about justice - I read a story of bloke who has been given a life sentence for repeated drink drive recently !

She entered the country illegally 12 years ago.

She has been housed, given benefits, given nhs treatment, given school places for her kids.....all paid for by the tax payer.

And then she stole over £50,000......twice.

The only time she said sorry when when she got caught......twice.

She shouldve got 3 years and then deported. :rant:

3 years would cost the taxpayer what?

It costs £65,000 to imprison a person in this country once police, court costs, etc, are taken into account

£195,000 to jail her for 3 years.

Yeah... That's quite a lot isn't it.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 11:47 ----------

Redfox already said that this makes no sense, but can you explain what you meant?

Do you mean that anyone guilty of anything should always get a jail sentence?

Do you mean that judges shouldn't decide sentences, that they should all be fixed?

Or something else?

3 years would cost the taxpayer what? £195,000 to jail her for 3 years.

So what?....She should be punished

18 months was obviously not long enough the first time so send her away for longer and then deport her. She obviously not the sort of person that we want in this country.

She has taken advantage of our kindness and proved she cannot be a good citizen.

Edited by AmourDesign