If you stole my Honda Jazz last night?

What is the colour, registration number, how man doors and any distinguishing features on the car?

I will keep an eye out for it and tell a few of my mates to do the same for you...

Insurance companies are refusing increasing numbers of claims due to failure to safeguard keys, so make sure your keys are kept well away from your door keys (burglars like the easy-pick car keys), keep all keys away from doors and windows, and preferably somewhere hidden from sight but where you can get them quickly if needed.

I have to visit people who have cars stolen to take statements for the insurance company and failure to safeguard keys is an issue we have to check out. It is becoming a more common reason for the insurance company not paying out (might be worth checking your insurance contract to see if this is mentioned).

I really do hope you find your car; the police response seems unusual, I think I have only had 2-3 where the police have been interested.

Edited by Penny Quirk
typo

You can bring it back, to where you stole it, leave the keys on the left front-tyre. If not, I hope A) the police find you. Failing that: B) you use it to drive into a brick wall and lose both your legs.

Edit: Forgot to say: Thanks SYP for responding to this quickly and professionally.

They deserve B the thieving scrotes,hope you get it back.

Scrotes getting so brazen these days, our neighbour has a skip on the hardstanding outside their house and at least four lots of skip rats have brazenly walked onto their property to rifle through the skip to see what they can help themselves to, not bothered about who was watching. Only a short way from that to having a wander up the drive to see what's round in the back garden or trying the front door.

.........I blame Maggie Thatcher.

I keep my handbag, and my car and house keys in my bedroom at night, well from early evening.

Its a real shame you cant put your keys down in your own house, without all this upset.

MY Dad told me to take care of my keys, when I was a teenager, and keep them with me, all the time.

I have two yappy dogs, who sleep on my bed, so not much fear of not being woken up!

We all sadly learn the hard way, I never leave keys in my front door either, and the safety chain is always on.

I have long wind chimes hanging down over by my windows, this is a deterant as well.

My dogs bark, if a pin drops, so im lucky !

It will all be ok, so don't worry !

What is the colour, registration number, how man doors and any distinguishing features on the car?

I will keep an eye out for it and tell a few of my mates to do the same for you...

Cheers pal, appreciate that.

07 Jazz, dark grey. 4 doors, distinguishing feature is the aerial which has suffered a carwash injury and is sello-taped back together.

Insurance companies are refusing increasing numbers of claims due to failure to safeguard keys, so make sure your keys are kept well away from your door keys (burglars like the easy-pick car keys), keep all keys away from doors and windows, and preferably somewhere hidden from sight but where you can get them quickly if needed.

I have to visit people who have cars stolen to take statements for the insurance company and failure to safeguard keys is an issue we have to check out. It is becoming a more common reason for the insurance company not paying out (might be worth checking your insurance contract to see if this is mentioned).

I really do hope you find your car; the police response seems unusual, I think I have only had 2-3 where the police have been interested.

I checked, it isn't mentioned explicitly, but I did not report 3 points I got on my license 2 years ago so if they want to screw me over... Winds me up that they can, I wasn't aware that I had to report that and I am fairly sure very few people actually are. Sure it is in the small-print, but...

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 19:07 ----------

How sad that we cannot leave they keys anywhere we want in our own homes, our property, the property we pay rent and mortgages for.

I agree wholeheartedly. What is really annoying is that it is in my 'pre-bed' routine to check doors, but I was so knackered I even forgot to put the dog to bed (he sleeps in his own room).

I really sympathise with you my Honda Jazz was stolen last year, along with other items from my home, under similar circumstances.

If it's any consolation, mine was found by police 4 days later. It had a broken wing mirror and what I would call cosmetic damage, just some scratches. They also left the key on the dashbord. I was lucky they did no damage in my home in fact, if they had closed the door and turned the light out I wouldn't have know they had been in (I was in bed at the time and heard nothing). Yes I was angry but it could have been a lot worse.

Don't give up hope you may get it back, I did. Good Luck.

P.S. Officers from the Robbery squad came several times and were brilliant, so a big thanks to South Yorkshire Police.

I hope I get it back in good state, the age it is it won't take a lot to total-loss it though.

Cheers pal, appreciate that.

07 Jazz, dark grey. 4 doors, distinguishing feature is the aerial which has suffered a carwash injury and is sello-taped back together.

I checked, it isn't mentioned explicitly, but I did not report 3 points I got on my license 2 years ago so if they want to screw me over... Winds me up that they can, I wasn't aware that I had to report that and I am fairly sure very few people actually are. Sure it is in the small-print, but...

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 19:07 ----------

I agree wholeheartedly. What is really annoying is that it is in my 'pre-bed' routine to check doors, but I was so knackered I even forgot to put the dog to bed (he sleeps in his own room).

I hope I get it back in good state, the age it is it won't take a lot to total-loss it though.

Mine is a '10 plate. so there's always hope.

Edited by cytine
Spelling error.

.........I blame Maggie Thatcher.

Tory Sleaze at work again :D

Good luck with getting it back and for justice !

My car was stolen a few years ago from Walkley, seen on cameras being driven erratically throughout Sheffield for several days and then filmed by police helicopter in a police chase. The police caught the driver following this chase, with the helicopter following him, but the CPS said there wasn't enough evidence !! What more do they want ?

Little scumbag didn't have a previous record and nothing more was done but police did tell me his name and area he lived in so I'm sure he will have come to their attention again since.

What amazes me is how did the scrotes know the OP hadn't locked the door? Or do they just go round trying doors randomly, its a bit scarey to realise you have to be 100% on your guard these days. Hope you get your car back in one piece.