Blades confirm Wilder appointment

soad

Well said Mel, it isn't a case of - spend money - success, don't spend money - fail. The Owls had a poor squad last season but the team spirit and coaching gave us a reasonable season, MM did his best with limited resources. McCabe seems to undermine United at every turn and that breeds negativity from top to bottom. Chalga doesn't seem to get this concept at all.

Sorry,but you have undermined your whole argument about the lack of investment by the board at United.Spend money-success,don't spend money - fail,is exactly what I have been saying to you and giving examples of clubs on smaller budgets getting promotion.Team spirit and coaching has nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the people in the positions of being responsible for that,players and staff.

Well said Mel, it isn't a case of - spend money - success, don't spend money - fail. The Owls had a poor squad last season but the team spirit and coaching gave us a reasonable season, MM did his best with limited resources. McCabe seems to undermine United at every turn and that breeds negativity from top to bottom. Chalga doesn't seem to get this concept at all.

just look at the players that came up with us from League 1 and still play (almost on the verge of being in the premiership) its not like they cost a small fortune compared to the bigger players from above

Sorry,but you have undermined your whole argument about the lack of investment by the board at United.Spend money-success,don't spend money - fail,is exactly what I have been saying to you and giving examples of clubs on smaller budgets getting promotion.Team spirit and coaching has nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the people in the positions of being responsible for that,players and staff.

Sorry but I'm wasting my time on this thread, it's not going in :loopy::help:

well youre obviously buying the wrong players then, and dont just blame the manager, youve had a lot of managers, plenty are classed as "decent" they dont just become bad overnight.

as i said previously, i believe its a kneejerk reaction by Mcabe and its going to end the same way as this last season.

ONLY one manager knows the ins and outs of those players, who to keep, who to get rid, Adkins is the one that worked with them day in day out. Chris Wilder didnt he was busy doing his own work.

what you need to do is do a "wednesday" have a full or half clearout and get some fresh faces in, good ones, some will cost. you need to be attracting some from the championship, not just league one and below. i believe you need experience from where youre going not just the current level. United are one of the biggest names in football, world reknowned, you should be able to attract, but you have to also propagate ambition.

So you're saying that a managerial change was wrong because Adkins knew what players to write down on his retained list and we could safely ignore everything else that he presided over this season and all the other wrong decisions and lack of judgement he showed?

20.000 Blades could write a retained list that would be better than what Adkins come up with,and I would rather trust Chris Wilders judgement over Adkins,simply because there's no good reason to trust Adkins to get anything correct.

---------- Post added 14-05-2016 at 11:57 ----------

Sorry but I'm wasting my time on this thread, it's not going in :loopy::help:

When you've painted yourself into a corner,there is nowhere else to go.

---------- Post added 14-05-2016 at 11:58 ----------

just look at the players that came up with us from League 1 and still play (almost on the verge of being in the premiership) its not like they cost a small fortune compared to the bigger players from above

Exactly,penny is starting to drop.

Exactly,penny is starting to drop.

not really, we created a fighting team full of team spirit and ambition with a team built on good players who came up from a lower league with us, BUT also spent a fair bit on higher placed players to add quality. so it was a bit of both.

on a side note, watching todays playoff match and noticed one derby player cost 6 million, more i think than all the players we brought in?

not really, we created a fighting team full of team spirit and ambition with a team built on good players who came up from a lower league with us, BUT also spent a fair bit on higher placed players to add quality. so it was a bit of both.

on a side note, watching todays playoff match and noticed one derby player cost 6 million, more i think than all the players we brought in?

Yes,but the whole point is,we are talking about money needed to be spent to get out of the tin pot league,not what needs to be spent to get to the Premier League.

Yes,but the whole point is,we are talking about money needed to be spent to get out of the tin pot league,not what needs to be spent to get to the Premier League.

its about both, its about having the best team you can in any of the leagues, you lot ended 11th? in the tin pot league, so you need to look at why, youve slowly got worse and worse over the last few seasons, you need to look at why.

i dont think its always a case of sacking the manager every season, as i said, in most cases these are what some would call decent managers, adkins, clough and danny wilson are all championship managers (indeed adkins and wilson are ex premiership managers) all should be experienced to get out of league one

How many millions does it take to get out of the tin pot league?...........How much did Wedneday spend,Yeovil?,Burton?

How come teams on budgets much smaller than Uniteds are getting promotion and performing better in the league?

So you agree with me then that Green Man was wrong to hide behind FFP restrictions.

its about both, its about having the best team you can in any of the leagues, you lot ended 11th? in the tin pot league, so you need to look at why, youve slowly got worse and worse over the last few seasons, you need to look at why.

i dont think its always a case of sacking the manager every season, as i said, in most cases these are what some would call decent managers, adkins, clough and danny wilson are all championship managers (indeed adkins and wilson are ex premiership managers) all should be experienced to get out of league one

I don't think anybody is saying that sacking managers is the answer or a good thing,nobody wants to see people lose their jobs,Clough should have been given more time,but it really takes a special kind of stupid to do what Adkins did this season,take us backwards,bring in poor players,fail to address what he needed to when he arrived,spin his way through the media,destroy his own credibility with fans and who knows,players and alienate supporters.

---------- Post added 14-05-2016 at 12:35 ----------

So you agree with me then that Green Man was wrong to hide behind FFP restrictions.

You sort that out with Green Man,I'm more interested that teams with smaller investment by their boards are getting promotion ahead of the Blades,and have been doing for as long as we have been in this league this time.

Here we go again, I can see this post being dredged up for hilarity again in the next 12 months, with regards to the squad you said on this very forum at the advent of last season that the squad was "more than good enough for automatic promotion" what happened there?

Just for the record there is no limit to how much an owner can invest in League 1 so the FFP excuse cannot be quoted.