My nominated idiots of the day

Can you find somewhere where my choice in dealing with other peoples anti social inability to queue has any bearing on my driving ability?

And anywhere were there is any form of precedent for wasting police time for it?

You just described using the wrong lane on purpose to join a queue, and then causing an obstruction when other people use the correct lane. That all has a direct bearing on your poor driving ability.

You just described using the wrong lane on purpose to join a queue, and then causing an obstruction when other people use the correct lane. That all has a direct bearing on your poor driving ability.

My choice in being a social, polite human being in a queue situation has no bearing whatsoever on my abilities to drive a vehicle.

Another sweeping generalisation.

And the bickering can now stop. Otherwise people are likely to find themselves suspended for a few days.

I dont like queue jumpers either... happens all the time at the top of halifax road where the dual carriageway becomes one lane. You can see the idiots speeding up on the right to try and get in front of you because god forbid they should put their idicator on and wait until someone lets them in!

I also travel on that route but what you are saying is the exact opposite to what I am saying.

I also queue in the LEFT HAND LANE at the top of Halifax Road.

I don't queue and obstruct the RIGHT HAND lane when the left hand lane is empty which is what happens at the bottom of Chesterfield Road.

Might as well make it a 24 hour bus lane so that there is no confusion to those who can't understand the signs or aren't wearing a watch.

I also travel on that route but what you are saying is the exact opposite to what I am saying.

I also queue in the LEFT HAND LANE at the top of Halifax Road.

I don't queue and obstruct the RIGHT HAND lane when the left hand lane is empty which is what happens at the bottom of Chesterfield Road.

Might as well make it a 24 hour bus lane so that there is no confusion to those who can't understand the signs or aren't wearing a watch.

I find it so annoying.. and i consider myself a very calm and considerate driver.. i always let people out at junctions and i use penistone road on a daily basis and i always let people in to the lane i'm travelling in BUT that little bit of road at the top of halifax road just gets under my skin! It's not about hogging the lane, it's about not speeding up to then get in front of me and then for them to slam their brakes on! does my head in.. that bit of road also has a lot of cyclists on it and i think it's dangerous to speed up like that just to get one car in front of me!

But do you know what i hate more than those that speed up! those that purposely dont let them in!!! so then you end up with two cars at the side of each other having an ego-off!!!

I think if every other car lets another one in then the traffic would move more smoothly and everyone would have a much more pleasant safe journey.

I totally agree.

What irritated me was the hand waving and pointing and absolute determination to block me out when the traffic merged.

It must be one of the few situations where you have a problem being in the correct left hand lane and not being allowed in to a needless right hand queue.

She was also chewing and blowing bubble gum which may have affected my feelings.

I totally agree.

What irritated me was the hand waving and pointing and absolute determination to block me out when the traffic merged.

It must be one of the few situations where you have a problem being in the correct left hand lane and not being allowed in to a needless right hand queue.

She was also chewing and blowing bubble gum which may have affected my feelings.

That alone is enough to tip anyone over the edge! :hihi:

Technically the top of Halifax road is a merge in turn, so legally they are not in the wrong and they have equal right to the single carriageway road.

It is illegal to push into a queue if your lane is going in a different direction though.

Technically the top of Halifax road is a merge in turn, so legally they are not in the wrong and they have equal right to the single carriageway road.

It is illegal to push into a queue if your lane is going in a different direction though.

Correct. I get very annoyed with people who use a lane intended for a different direction to where they're going in order to push in. Classic example is at the Broad Lane approach to Brook Hill roundabout, where traffic wanting to head up Western Bank or to Walkley uses the Netherthorpe Road-only lane and then cuts in once on the roundabout.

If people want to sit and queue in one lane when it's a merge-in-turn that's up to them, but don't get defensive when folks who realise that traffic is supposed to queue in both lanes drive past in the right hand lane.

Edited by s6chris

can someone please clarify what is right, so if two lanes (going straight ahead only) merge into just the left hand lane but there is a que in the left hand lane - should people drive in the empty right hand lane up until it merges and wait for someone to let them in? My husband always says they are pushing in and never lets them go.

I don't drive but am planning to soon so wondered what would be correct.

I've just got the two today and I am using this forum to vent my spleen.

Number one is the van driver speeding down Callywhite Lane through a flooded Road and soaking pedestrians on the pavement...myself included.

I am sure this scenario has been much repeated in today's weather either by accident or design.

The other is the large gum chewing lady in a little blue car at Heeley Bridge who obviously thought that I as in the wrong by driving down the Left Hand lane alongside a queue of cars in the Right Hand Lane.

Her determination to refuse to give way was something to behold.

To her and all the other drivers who have an aversion to entering the "bus lane"during permitted hours please read the signs.

The lane blocking thing is a personal annoyance of mine. It sometimes happens to me exciting the parkway on the A57 toward Coisly Hill.

can someone please clarify what is right, so if two lanes (going straight ahead only) merge into just the left hand lane but there is a que in the left hand lane - should people drive in the empty right hand lane up until it merges and wait for someone to let them in? My husband always says they are pushing in and never lets them go.

I don't drive but am planning to soon so wondered what would be correct.

Yes, then merge in turn. It's not hard. And the traffc keeps flowing.