SWFC Matchday parking

Just to warn people parking on Herries Road on match days, there were around 5 or 6 cars who had there windows smashed whilst they were parked up yesterday.

Be careful and don't leave things on show x

Just as a matter of interest, does SWFC have dedicated parking on match days.

Angel1,

Park at Nunnery or Middlewood get the tram.

Problem sorted!

Just as a matter of interest, does SWFC have dedicated parking on match days.

Angel1,

Yes hills park which is members only and also there is ticket only parking outside ground on penistone road rest is on street parking.

Not much point getting the tram for one stop from Middlewood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InigoMontoya

Not much point getting the tram for one stop from Middlewood.

Yes there is, parking for a few quid! Whether you walk or tram it is irrelevant.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Yes there is, parking for a few quid! Whether you walk or tram it is irrelevant.

There are lots of streets at Middlewood where you can park for free. Even if you pay for park and ride it's usually quicker to walk from Middlewood to Leppings Lane.

I pick my hubby and daughter up from every match and the amount of times this season I've seen smashed windows and car alarms going off is unbelievable. Always on Herries Rd around the 5 arches and Herries Rd South near the 5 arches end. There's 1 person taking advantage of the wooded area. It's very prolific. You have been warned!!!

Parking in the manned car park is a lot cheaper than having to replace a window.

Compared to the ticket price the car park price is a small extra to pay, especially if shared with some passengers.

I pick my hubby and daughter up from every match and the amount of times this season I've seen smashed windows and car alarms going off is unbelievable. Always on Herries Rd around the 5 arches and Herries Rd South near the 5 arches end. There's 1 person taking advantage of the wooded area. It's very prolific. You have been warned!!!

You would think that all the traffic wardens that some how appear around ten mins after the match starts would keep an eye on things.

Didn't there used to be parking on the wasteland opposite the ground?

It's now got planning permission hasn't it?

may be its just a member of the public who has had enough of football supporters thinking they have some God-given right to park entirely on pavements thus forcing the walking public to walk on road over long stretches of Herries Road?