David Bowie mural in Sheffield

Daven

Yes, Bowie had one blue and one green eye..

This is a common misconception - he had the same colour eyes, but one was permanently dilated from being damaged in a fight with his mate.

Any photos that show different eye colours are photoshopped to look that way.

The same colour can be seen here

Had a look at the mural this morning as I was in town shopping on ab business. The artist was stood next to it being interviewed. To be fair, the painting does look better than it appears on the photo (post #1), mainly as it's done on a fairly tightly curved wall ... the photo doesn't take perspective into account, therefore, it could be argued that the photo is worse than the painting.

While the artist may be good at painting, that is not the Bowie I loved since I was twelve.

Maybe he would have been better painting an album cover or something, like say from Diamond dogs.Faces are notoriously hard to paint, on an uneven surface I guess it would be very difficult. I just wish he hadn't done it, it makes me feel cross and sad, and I'm sure that's not the reaction he aimed for.

He's a graffiti artist not a mural painter

Oh … I didn't realise that it'd been done illegally ('graffiti'). I imagined (obviously incorrectly) that it had consent from whoever owns the wall (as in a 'mural').

Shame the artist's photo's been in all the papers and stuff … should make the Police's job pretty easy, even for them.

Oh … I didn't realise that it'd been done illegally ('graffiti'). I imagined (obviously incorrectly) that it had consent from whoever owns the wall (as in a 'mural').

Shame the artist's photo's been in all the papers and stuff … should make the Police's job pretty easy, even for them.

:hihi:

Well many people seem to think it's criminal! :P

Its a commissioned piece, so legal street art. The artist never claimed to be a portrait artist so surely it was down to whoever commissioned it to okay it before it went up?

I think the stick the artist has got over this is really unfair.