Traffic lights at so called road works.

On the main road from Middlewood into Oughtabridge some utility or road mending firm has erected temporary traffic lights .

They have been there for around a week and at peek times lead to heavy tail backs of traffic in both directions .

This in turn means thousands of pounds of wasted fuel and time for motorists and transport companies.

The problem is that no one is doing any work whatsoever , no sign of any work vehicles, equipment or indeed workmen.

Now this is not an isolated instance around Sheffield it happens all over the City where the phantom traffic lights are set up and nothing seems to happen for days or weeks, why are these company's [or council] aloud to get away with causing so much delay and fuel wastage when they have just gone away and abandoned the job.

There's usually a department who deal with roadworks and emergency works, they should regulate who does what and for how long.

If works are over-running, or nothing is being done for weeks on end then you should check that they are aware.

if you look the works are finished they dug a channel across the road which was filled in on friday somebodys too idle to take away the lights it was murder after the match on sat

this country is mad, in Germany the utilities all talk to each other IF if the gas are digging up the road they will ring the electric board and say "we are digging up the road, do you need to go down for owt" say for example the electric are due to do summat the following year they say "oh we may as well do it now, save digging again next year" I've seen examples in Sheffield where gas come, dig up, 6 month later water board dig up, 6 month later telecoms dig up its mad.

I now have the irrepressible urge to know what the German for 'do you need to go down for owt?' is.

spoke to a guy removing temporary lights in stocksbridge who works for the same company as the ones in oughtibridge yes you guessed it they should of been removed fri but hes from a diffrent branch so cannot remove them

I now have the irrepressible urge to know what the German for 'do you need to go down for owt?' is.

Gegen Sie unter die Weg fur owt?

spoke to a guy removing temporary lights in stocksbridge who works for the same company as the ones in oughtibridge yes you guessed it they should of been removed fri but hes from a diffrent branch so cannot remove them

Nip down late at night chuck lights and other bits over wall/in hedge bottom/onto verge problem sorted!!:hihi::hihi:

Well played, Sir Obelix, well played :D (that did get a :lol:)

I don't get the lack of coordination in this country either. Nor the duration of earthworks for what frequently are relatively simple/straightforward jobs (M1, I'm looking at ye :mad:)

Particularly when duplication of earth works is bound to compound costs/overheads for the operators (even given the UK's longstanding obsession with short-termist bottom lines, you'd think operators and hard up councils would see the sense and wisdom in anticipating (i.e. managing) and indeed pooling shareable events/resources/costs, if only to max/save/preserve their respective bottom lines).

How come google translate give me this ?

Sie braucht für owt nach unten gehen?