Tim Peake ISS launch a hoax?

This thread truly is an early Christmas present. No disrespect to Tim peake but who gives a toss in this country to make it worth faking? Who gives a toss globally apart from a few excited scientists?

Jesus Wept.

vResistance, get yourself a copy of Kerbal Space Program, all will become clear if you allow it.

This thread truly is an early Christmas present. No disrespect to Tim peake but who gives a toss in this country to make it worth faking? Who gives a toss globally apart from a few excited scientists?

I would say the conspiracy fans give a toss.

They live for it.

Thanks for your input everybody. I take everything on board about the velocity and camera shake etc , i'd considered it anyway.camera shake technology does reduce shake but wouldn't eliminate it altogether, and anyway if you look at the pad of paper in the his hand you can see they're not been shaken about at all. Do you really believe those first few seconds and minutes of the launch could be so smooth, with no sign of motion in the cabin apart from the gently swaying thing. Or is it that to accept it doesn't make sense challenges your world view, a display of cognitive dissonance?

Why fake this? someone asked.

Usually in these cases it's best to follow the money.

Where did the funding come from for this project?

http://www.space.com/24914-nasa-2015-budget-request-revealed.html

"NASA's 2015 budget would remain essentially flat at $17.5 billion under a White House spending proposal unveiled today (March 4) that would hold the line on the agency's biggest space programs while laying the groundwork for major new astrophysics and planetary science missions."

17.5 Billion is quite an incentive. Jeez, to think what good could be done with that.

Edited by vResistance

Tell you what, when you have proof it's a fake, come back and we can look at it?

Thanks for your input everybody. I take everything on board about the velocity and camera shake etc , i'd considered it anyway.camera shake technology does reduce shake but wouldn't eliminate it altogether, and anyway if you look at the pad of paper in the his hand you can see they're not been shaken about at all. Do you really believe those first few seconds and minutes of the launch could be so smooth, with no sign of motion in the cabin apart from the gently swaying thing. Or is it that to accept it doesn't make sense challenges your world view, a display of cognitive dissonance?

What do you mean first few seconds? Where is the footage that shows this?

As soon as someone says 'follow the money' I'm away. :wave:

Or its big bad legalese sister "Cui Bono"

"NASA's 2015 budget would remain essentially flat at $17.5 billion under a White House spending proposal unveiled today (March 4) that would hold the line on the agency's biggest space programs while laying the groundwork for major new astrophysics and planetary science missions."

17.5 Billion is quite an incentive. Jeez, to think what good could be done with that.

So how much of the space program is a fraud?

Do you think people have ever been into space? What do your special friends tell you?

have you contaced the media or overnment about this or are they all in on it as well?

So let's extropolate a little further.

Do you believe there's an International Space Station in orbit?

So let's extropolate a little further.

Do you believe there's an International Space Station in orbit?

Of course there a space station - you can see it from Earth. What you can't see is that it was built and operated by the lizard people.

From my rather basic maths (and a fair few assumptions !), it seems like it accelerates at about the same rate as a Ford Focus.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz-2_(rocket) the 3 stages burn for a total of 674 seconds. Assuming we're accelerating uniformly for all the the burn stages (big assumption !) that's 0-4700mph in 674 seconds or approx 6.97mph/s (per second).

At that rate, it would take about 8.61 seconds to reach 60 which is a rather similar rate to a 2011 2 litre diesel Ford Focus http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/ford/focus/hatchback-2011/53589/

I'm sure people write and move their heads in a Ford Focus, and I've also seen some pretty smooth dashcam films :)

*Yes, my answer is somewhat tongue in cheek :P