Fatal RTA Barnsley road 19/12/2015

Robbiet

Looks like it involved a taxi.

On my way to work this morning, I'm talking 3:30am, through Hillsborough/West Bar/Parkway, there were taxis flying around like crazy all over the place, u-turning in the road etc, it was madness!

Same here about 1:00 this morning, on way back from Sheffield University, cars absolutely flying down Hanover way, switching lanes in front of us and other drivers. It was madness, about half a dozen taxis, private hire, and one ordinary car. All this going on and at the same time there was also an idiotic kid about 25, sauntering across the road, off his head on whatever he'd been taking, high as a kite. We had to stop as he walked in front of us, to allow him to cross and we felt vulnerable in a car! He is the luckiest kid alive.

The relevance to the rest of the thread? There are so many idiots on the roads around Sheffield at the moment. Please take care, drivers and pedestrians.

Edited by Hesther

Looks like it involved a taxi.

On my way to work this morning, I'm talking 3:30am, through Hillsborough/West Bar/Parkway, there were taxis flying around like crazy all over the place, u-turning in the road etc, it was madness!

I was overtaken by a taxi on my way home tonight on the Mosborough Parkway which crossed the double white lines forcing the oncoming traffic to swerve to avoid a head on crash.

A thread about an accident that involved a taxi (the driver is out of hospital btw) and all the taxi haters come in here as usual.

Was this caused by the taxi?

I don't hate taxis, I was just suprised with the drivers actions.

I don't hate taxis, I was just suprised with the drivers actions*.

It was more the comment that you quoted that annoyed me tbh, but the fact that you joined in brought it to my attention.

Alan's post was just another 'dig at taxis' even though in this case it's pretty obvious that it wasn't the fault of a taxi. There are hundreds of taxi bashing threads, and regardless of fault in this one, someone has still been killed, and one of my colleagues and his passengers could have joined him. The fact that you continued with this nonsense post was the reason for me inferring that you were as bad as alan.

*in your case - it could have been an out of town taxi. Given how many have sprung up in the last 2 months, I'd say it's 60/40 chance of being a Sheffield one (unless it was a London Hackney). They're everywhere. These unrestricted people and cars are now not only tearing into my wages, but have the potential to make me even more hated, because we're all considered the same! Was it a Hackney?