Clothes and stuff needed. Where to go for help?

Hello all. I am posting on behalf of a friend who is trying to get out of a difficult situation. I posted about school advice for the same friend and thankfully things are moving in a positive direction. She is getting out and moving to Sheffield this coming week. This leaves another problem she needs help with and thats clothes for the kids and household goods. She literally has nothing and the kids have perhaps 2 changes of clothes at the most. Ive been furiously selling anything i can to raise money to help but money is very tight as it will be for most so i need to get hold of clothes for the kids including shoes and also stuff for the house like wardrobes, that kind of thing. Where could i go for help with this? Is there a good second hand shop for the clothes or could it be worth asking in the classifieds on here? Is there any place i can go for donations of clothes and stuff? Would anyone on here have anything they are no longer needing such as clothes or small items of furniture? If not free then cheap as possible? I can pay something and do all the running around. The situation is quite desperate but the main thing is by this week she and the kids will be safe but i do not want them safe but with nothing to call their own, i want them safe and to at least have the basics.

Thank you for reading this. I realise i have gone on a bit :)

Have you looked in the swap/giveaway section in the classified? There may be stuff in there that could be useful.

also, what age/size are the kids it may help people know if they have anything appropriate

Thatll teach me for not looking properly. I looked at the classifieds but never saw the swap forum lol. Thank you for that :)

The kids are 8 and 13 but they have clothes from the 9 to 10 years and 14 to 15 years range. Shoes are kids size 3 to 4 and an adult size 7 to 8. They are both boys by the way.

Thank you for your reply :)

What about your friend will she need clothes if so what size. I would like to help anyway I can.

Speak to citizens advice and have a look at some charities websites, such as turn2us.org.UK. She might be eligible for some grants / bursaries to help :)

The best charity shop in town is the Childreens Society on King Street. For things like socks, hats, underwear etc. try Poundland. There is also Sheffield Freecycle for furniture

What about your friend will she need clothes if so what size. I would like to help anyway I can.

Awww, thanks that's lovely of you. She's a size 8 to 10 and a size 5 shoe. Thank you so much :)

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 08:34 ----------

There's a local group on facebook where people give stuff away.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/198577756877900/

Thank you. Ive just made a request to join. That looks a really useful group. :)

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 08:34 ----------

have you tried the freegle/freecycle sites

You know with how hectic things have been lately they totally slipped my mind. Thank you for that :)

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 08:37 ----------

Speak to citizens advice and have a look at some charities websites, such as turn2us.org.UK. She might be eligible for some grants / bursaries to help :)

Thank you. Ive bookmarked that website and ill go through it with her when i see her next. Hopefully that will be later today. Thanks again :)

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 08:39 ----------

The best charity shop in town is the Childreens Society on King Street. For things like socks, hats, underwear etc. try Poundland. There is also Sheffield Freecycle for furniture

Its at times like this when i realise im not that good at organising stuff. I use poundland all the time and it never entered my head lol. Thank the lord i have the internet and places like this to help me out. Thank you :)

You guys are all great :)

I'm a size 10/12 so will go through my wardrobe a cupboards today and see what I can come up with I'm am also a size 4/5 shoe I'm sure i will find some stuff for her.

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 09:10 ----------

Hi had a quick sort out and got a large black sack full of clothes and shoes and a bag with curtains in so just get in touch when you would like to pick them up. Hope they help.

By the sounds of it she is running away from a bad relationship as fast as she can. I hope she gets all the help she needs to move on with a better life for her and her boys.