Maximum number of dogs that can be walked simultaneously by one person

I have owners who have 4 dogs and you can still give them a good playful walk ! One which we all enjoy. If they aren't dogs that are able to be off lead then lead walking is the only way

We have 4 dogs that we walk on and offlead, but we are able to clear up after them.

To be covered by insurance dog walkers can walk 6, personally I think thats to many for one person, 3 is more realistic unless they are small.

We have 4 dogs that we walk on and offlead, but we are able to clear up after them.

To be covered by insurance dog walkers can walk 6, personally I think thats to many for one person, 3 is more realistic unless they are small.

no i dont like large groups myself 3/4 is a good amount , how ever certain professional dog walkers walk 16 i will never know , Personally its not good practice , its not safe and can easily get out of control.

I got up to 6 at one point and never found them an issue. Two little lap dogs that happily potter along with everybody else without needing a lead, my own dog on my right on a cross body strap and the remaining 3, which lived together in one hand. This was a GSD, a border collie, an Airdale, a Border Terrier and two Shihtzus, walking in areas where roads were not an issue, like Loxley Common or Lodge Moor woods.

In some instances 2 is too many, in others having a group is actually better for behaviour because the group cohesion makes everybody behave well.

What do you think?

Obviously, to some extent it depends on the breeds of dogs concerned, but how many dogs can one person walk at one time?

I'm asking because I saw a (presumably 'professional') dog walker in Nether Edge with seven dogs on leads, and I thought that they'd have a hard time controlling them all if they decided to cause a problem. Also how do you scoop poop when you've got 3 dogs tugging at one hand and four on the other?

Do professional dog walkers need special insurance?

It doesn't depend on the breed. Its about the individual dogs, their training and the walker. Two dogs can be too many whereas 7 or 8 might be fine.

ive seen people with 5/6/7 and wondered how the hell you pooper scoop too, must be a nightmare, as soon as youve picked one up another appears Oo

our dog normally does 3 in one trip lol

I’ve seen someone regularly walking 10 dogs in a certain area. And others with 6-8 nearby. 
I must be naïve thinking the point of having a dog is to spend time with it and train it. It feels like a lot of people just pay someone to walk it. Others just let it off the lead in a park and can’t control it jumping up people who might not want muddy paws all over their legs.