Burncross Sheffield S35

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of moving and I've been viewing some properties in various areas but I have seen an absolutely gorgeous house at Burncross which I've fallen in love with...

What is the area like nowadays? I used to live there some 20yrs ago and it was lovely but I know how quick things can change.

thanks

Driven through a couple of times, looks nice enough - didn't see groups of youths hanging around or anything.

The Acorn Inn is pretty nice, ate there last year I think and it was very nice inside.

Still really nice, lived there until moving to high green recently and would move back anytim.obviously some bits are better than others but generally ok.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of moving and I've been viewing some properties in various areas but I have seen an absolutely gorgeous house at Burncross which I've fallen in love with...

What is the area like nowadays? I used to live there some 20yrs ago and it was lovely but I know how quick things can change.

thanks

I don't think its changed much at all to be honest,nice place to live ,good luck.:)

I live close to The Acorn and would agree that it's a really nice area. No youths hanging about, even outside the local shop. You can also walk into the countryside from your door too.

The only downsides would be that people drive down the main roads very fast, and that depending on where you live a pint of milk could be a drive away rather than a walk.

Burncross is spot on

Yes I have to agree with all of these posts. I have a relative who has lived there for about 40 years and they said they would not live anywhere else. Every time I use to visit I always though how nice the area was.

Having lived here for nigh on 30 years all I would say is don`t move any further down Burncross Road than Bevan Way. Past Bevan Way is where you get gangs of feral youths (and youthettes who are the gobiest) gathering at times.

The further into Burncross you go the nicer, closer to Chapeltown is where the youths will hang, damn hoodlems ;)

Thanks guys :)

The property I'm looking at is on Hall Wood Road. It appears very nice and quiet..

Thanks guys :)

The property I'm looking at is on Hall Wood Road. It appears very nice and quiet..

Till the wazocks on off road bikes are in the woods:roll: