White Hart, St Phillips Road

Andy C

I've had an email advising that the...

White Hart, 184 St Philips Rd S3 7JS

open and will be selling the following real ales Bradfield Farmers Blonde, Farmers Brown Cow. Stancill Brewers Barnsley Bitter, & Stainless.

Also bottled craft beer and cider.

Bus 10/10A passes the pub's front door.

It is also very close to Netherthorpe Road tram stop.

Potential new stop on the way down to Kelham Island/Shalesmoor.

open and will be selling the following real ales Bradfield Farmers Blonde, Farmers Brown Cow. Stancill Brewers Barnsley Bitter, & Stainless.

Also just to mention that I was in on Friday night and they had a great live music session on with Fiddlers Green - they promise that this will be a regular event too ... so has the promisings to make a great little real ale boozer and its on the trail near the Ship inn and Shakespeare and Kelham pubs .. I wish it all success !!

SpiderPete you will have to add it to your website sheffieldalepubs.co.uk

:love:

Best of luck to them. When I lived near there I never ventured in as the beer was execrable but I did have a soft spot for Paddy who owns the place. Just been on the pub's facebook page and it appears he still does.

Top bloke who has done a lot for the community. He used to let the local kids go to his house out at Moscar for treasure hunts and to learn about gardening and suchlike.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Best of luck to them. When I lived near there I never ventured in as the beer was execrable but I did have a soft spot for Paddy who owns the place. Just been on the pub's facebook page and it appears he still does.

Top bloke who has done a lot for the community. He used to let the local kids go to his house out at Moscar for treasure hunts and to learn about gardening and suchlike.

It is indeed Paddy and it seems he is making an effort to expand his beer range.

Any directions please?

Google Map link: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S3+7JS/@53.3868078,-1.4828834,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4879788154e3d11d:0xc7892064b8b1ff5b

If you come off a tram at Netherthorpe Road, go down the ramp from the platform and turn right, come out of the subway onto the residential street that runs parrellel with the dual carriageway and turn right down the hill. The pub will be on your right.

The usual quality beer then? Wonderful. Thanks for the update. I know not to bother.

Guest makapaka
The usual quality beer then? Wonderful. Thanks for the update. I know not to bother.

Not every pub has to be tailored to your tastes.

Good god, the ale police know just how to get behind the pub trade don't they?

Not every pub has to be tailored to your tastes.

Good god, the ale police know just how to get behind the pub trade don't they?

Too right. As long as it's a good pub and hopefully does at least one cask ale that's all that matters. You should have been there in the 1980s - you'd have really had something to complain about then!

The Ale Police is a good name for it. It gets a bit tiresome all the sniping from the professional beer bores. It's getting out of hand.