Great Yorkshire Run 2015

Are the roads closed or can I drive alongside the athletes shouting encouragement & handing out Quorn products

Are the roads closed or can I drive alongside the athletes shouting encouragement & handing out Quorn products

If you offer me any Quorn, it'll encourage me to run faster to get away from the stuff!!! :hihi:

the route takes you into hillsborough morrisons through market street past the fozen food along the soft drink isle to ensure the runners are hydrated and out through the self scan checkouts

Anyone know what time Penistone Road will reopen?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Anyone know what time Penistone Road will reopen?

1300. Closed from 830. You don't drive down there much then?

No, Becky B but we have visitors who will need to leave Sheffield by that route next Sunday. Thanks for the info.

Information on how Stagecoach buses are affected: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=6903

Supertram will operate as normal, the current promotional fares will still be available (including all day tram pass for £3 and maximum single fare of £1.70) plus free car parking will be offered at the following tram stops park & ride car parks: Middlewood, Malin Bridge, Nunnery Square, Valley Centertainment, Meadowhall Interchange and Halfway.

No, Becky B but we have visitors who will need to leave Sheffield by that route next Sunday. Thanks for the info.

Go the opposite way up Halifax road to get to the M1 or if they really need to get into town use Langsett Rd

Is it just me or does anyone wonder why on earth they choose to use a major chunk of a major artery road in and out of Sheffield for the run? Why not use a quieter road that doesn't completely balls up Sheffield traffic for most of the day

Is it just me or does anyone wonder why on earth they choose to use a major chunk of a major artery road in and out of Sheffield for the run? Why not use a quieter road that doesn't completely balls up Sheffield traffic for most of the day

Penistone road is probably the longest flattest and widest road major road in Sheffield.

there would be far more disruption and risk if forcing people to run round the side streets

i have been trying to find out about road closures but am not having much luck. i am needing to get on arundel street from bramall lane direction. i know the route goes near / finishes at arundel gate. any ideas?