Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

Lived on the manor at 128 (if i remember correctly)Alison Cresent late sixties early seventies, went to Pipworth Road School. Great times, had my fisrt real drink in the feathers prince of Wales road and my first game of electronic tennis in the Stradbroke.

Hi, i lived at 112 alison Crescent late sixties early seventies. Next door was a family called Harrison and next to that Blackmore. I wonder if i know you.

The thing i remember about the Manor years ago is that their seemed to be a class divide' date='the upper Manor looked down on the lower Manor,which is strange as no one had much where ever they lived.[/quote']

Yes i agree Grumps, some friends of mine moved to Manor Park and they thought they'd gone up in the world. Mind you the houses were more modern and theirs even had a shower which was virtually unknown on the Lower Manor.

My wifes family came of the manor and lived not far from the manor hotel.They are the Coleman family.:thumbsup:

The play ground on Archdale road(The Rec) was a great place it had what they call a flying plank which kids sit on and it rocked from side to side scary stuff it would not be allowed nowdays.And the slide was masive(well it seemed that way)it had 4 rounderbouts,swings, and a big brick built shed their was a park keeper he locked the swings up at night and always had a plaster if you cut yourself, this chap was an OAP.pop Taylor was there for years.They would mug him now days.

Was Selwoods not the name of the garage opposite the springwood !!! or am I getting mixed up - I remember a Janet Selwood

This is really bugging me now !! the garage was owned by a family with a daughter my age, her dad died very suddenly, think whilst we were at Woodthorpe Junior school so pre72 and they sold up and moved away, fairly sure it began with an S was it Stones ?

This is really bugging me now !! the garage was owned by a family with a daughter my age, her dad died very suddenly, think whilst we were at Woodthorpe Junior school so pre72 and they sold up and moved away, fairly sure it began with an S was it Stones ?

Hi

My dad used to be good friends with the guy who owned the garage across from the Springwood. I am sure they called him Danny. The Selwood does sound familiar though. My dad used to talk about him often. Around 1966 Danny saved my life apparently when i was 4 years old and got knocked up into the air by a car while running across the road. My dad says Danny tried to catch me and because he ended up breaking my fall it saved me. Apparently he broke a finger for his trouble. From what i can recall they were a lovely family.

Hey there!

I lived on Manor Park - 51 Harborough Rd. (bottom set of maisonettes, oposite the old folks flats, besdie the Foundry Workers Club)

My Mum still lives there, now on Beaumont Close!

:)

Never lived on the manor but I went to shirecliffe college with a lad who lived there with his mum,dont know the address,been trying to find him through various sites,we were both apprentice joiners he was called Pete Allen dark hair and stocky I was told he had given up joinery and become a social worker!!anyone remember him?

Hi, i lived at 112 alison Crescent late sixties early seventies. Next door was a family called Harrison and next to that Blackmore. I wonder if i know you.

Possibly we lived next door to a family called the Dungworths on one side, can't remember the family the other side but I think it was a guy who lived with his mum and had a great garden. I had 2 sisters and a brother. My mate was Arthur Ledger who lived over the back garden.

Possibly we lived next door to a family called the Dungworths on one side, can't remember the family the other side but I think it was a guy who lived with his mum and had a great garden. I had 2 sisters and a brother. My mate was Arthur Ledger who lived over the back garden.

Hi, i know the Dungworths, they were over the crescent and down the other side of the road. I don't remember anyone else down there except an old lady maybe called Carr? She was very nice and was always saying nice things to us about how pretty we all were (5 sisters) thinking about it she might have been called thompson..memorys are quite faded.

My mate was Arthur Ledger who lived over the back garden.

did he marry a lass called shirley

I lived on Fretson Road in the late 70's for about two year's we was only in the house a fortnight when someone "parked" a stolen car in our front gardenabout two foot awy from our front window