Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

i remember the haige family jean also worked with me at the post office i lived on cary road to she hada brother colin also summer 1995 i i worked at the post office from 1969 till 1971 along side maureen straw who sadly died .do you remember the bartholomews peter and david and mrs bartholomew .i liked petre very much hewasso down to earth and a the total opposite from david who wasa bit snobbish do you remember lynn hall she is going to be my grandaughters godmother when they eventually christen her:)

summer 1995 i i worked at the post office from 1969 till 1971 along side maureen straw who sadly died .do you remember the bartholomews peter and david and mrs bartholomew .i liked petre very much hewasso down to earth and a the total opposite from david who wasa bit snobbish do you remember lynn hall she is going to be my grandaughters godmother when they eventually christen her:)

i started work at the post office october 1970 i replaced a girl called cathy as she left to have a baby there was maureen who worked there and christine then christine left to have a baby in 1971 then i cant remember who came after christine a cathy started working there after i left in october 1971 soon after leaving there i was pregnant i remember telling cathy that she had better watch out as everyone got pregnant working there if there name began with a c

i remember mrs bartholomew and peter and david. i knew maureen died and also peter he died, an heart attack at the wheel in his car that i heard

Bushbaby3, you obviously remember me but as yet I can't place who you might be.... my memory needs jogging. I remember Mr and Mrs Bartholemew, Peter, David and Maureen. Mr Bartholemew died whilst I worked there. I also recall working along side a girl called Pat-I don't remember her surname but think she lived on the Woodthorpe, a girl called Christine who lived on Fitzhubert Road and had a sister called Sandra, I think they were twins and their surname might have been Stokes. There was also "somebody" Cutts (sorry, I can't remember her first name) who also lived on Fitzhubert Road. She was married with children and had returned from living in Australia. Are you one of these three?

Summer 1955, I think you probably worked there after I left, though I might well have known you. I do remember a Cathy Regan but I'm not sure if I knew her from the post office or from before then. I think Peter died of a heart attack as he was taking the test for his HGV licence and Maureen of a brain haemorrhage.

summer 1995 and merrydown i am christine summer 1995 is your name carol? merrydown i worked alongside betty cutts shedid indeed comeback from australia her son michael emigrated their hisself and can be found on friends reunited .i cant put a name to merrydown i cant think of anyone elsei worked with.when i look back back i can remember working 5and a half days for £7 pound a week.blimey i get nearly asmuch an hour now.i worked 9 oclock till 6 kids dont know they are born now.i am a twin and do have a sister called sandra.her eldest son wasborn on the same day as peters eldest son and it waslike a race between his wife and sandra who gave birth first:) :) :)

Bushbaby 3, sorry, I should have said in my previous post that I am Jean.

You are right, we used to work long hours for a pittance and I probably earned even less than you did as I was about a year younger than you. Do you remember we used to call David "Hawk-eye" 'cos he used to stand there watching every move we made?

It's a long time since I was last on the Manor and it had changed such a lot then, I expect now, there's not much left that I would recognize.

summer 1995 and merrydown i am christine summer 1995 is your name carol?:) :) :)

yes christine its carol and i remember you. you got married while i was there and left soon after i didnt stay much longer i left october 1971.

i remember we had to do the displays in the window and when i came to work there with being new it was my job and you showed me how.

the only trouble was after you left and they got a new girl they still wanted me to do the window display i said its not my job now we have a new girl mrs bartholomew said she wanted me to do window. peter tried to get round me by saying i did a good job with the window thats why they wanted me to do it but i was not having that when i started was told it was the newest worker that had to do it. still did it though then the next time mrs bartholomew asked me to do window i refuse she told me to either do window or get my coat, so i got my coat and went home.

merrydown i do remember hawkeye he used to look over the post office glass at us didnt he.you wouldnt recognise the manor now .a lot of it istook up by private houseing now. i got divorced 11 years ago and went to live down the lower manor. but i am due to move back up early january asi have been offered a house by my housing assoc. cant wait never really settled in down here you could say i wasgoing back to my roots.summer1955 didntyou go to work in the chip shpo on pond street balcony .if i can remember you used to live on the woodthorpe near tentown:) :) :)

Did anyone know the Broughtons? There were tons of them. Barry, Keith, Gary and loads more, all lived on the Circle. Their dad was a builder I think. They went around with Mick Rooker and some others.

hi ,i know the broughtons, barry mainly,he used to "knock about" with me dad kevin mchale and michael mchale(porky),they used to live on fretson rd and then stonecliff rd,my nan audrey used to work occasionally behind the bar in the motehall.names iv heard them mention are also the rookers ,hincklers,and a few others ,will rack kevs brain and post at a later date

hi ,i know the broughtons, barry mainly,he used to "knock about" with me dad kevin mchale and michael mchale(porky),they used to live on fretson rd and then stonecliff rd,my nan audrey used to work occasionally behind the bar in the motel.names iv heard them mention are also the rookers ,hincklers,and a few others ,will rack kevs brain and post at a later date

hi anyone remember the turners lived on queen mary rd alan brian carl and mavis they lived next to the old pond i think at one side of them the greens and the other side were called smith

Doe anyone remember the Haigh family who lived on Cary Road from the early fifties until the mid eighties?

Did they live at No. 11 ?

my mum is one of the selwood family they used to live on queen mary cresent

from the late sixties to early eighties.

Did they live at No. 11 ?

Yes, they lived at No. 11. How did you know them?