Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

This is really bugging me now !! the garage was owned by a family with a daughter my age, her dad died very suddenly, think whilst we were at Woodthorpe Junior school so pre72 and they sold up and moved away, fairly sure it began with an S was it Stones ?

Bit late with this but yes, it was Stones. I knew Danny very well, I was manager of the Springwood at the time of his sudden death. His wife was called Audrey and I seem to think they had two daughters but can't remember their names.

Yes Leto,I lived on the Manor in the seventies.I lived at 2 Beaumont Rd. North. I thought they were great times.

you must know my grandparents they lived at 4 beaumont rd name of alderson

Hi Cleegirl

Yes I most certainly do, though I think my parents would have known them a lot better (same age group) I went to have a look at the area a few years ago but didn't recognize it at all. Hope everyone is fine.My mother (Jean) is fine.

My dad lived on beaumont cres in 50's 60's and 70's.he lived with my grandad and an irish couple who had a daughter.gerard pickford.anyone remember him???

Hi Cleegirl

Yes I most certainly do, though I think my parents would have known them a lot better (same age group) I went to have a look at the area a few years ago but didn't recognize it at all. Hope everyone is fine.My mother (Jean) is fine.

thankyou for your reply yes i do remember jean and i think derek ican remember jean used to call in my grandma mosr days yes we are all fine thankyou

Hi cleegirl

I was telling my mum about your post and she says it was your grandmother that delivered Derek in our house,so I think they must have been very good friends.

My Grandparents lived at 121 Wulfric Road just on the opposite side of the roundabout to the Manor Hotel. They lived there from at least the 50s until the houses were demolished. They were called Arthur and Molly Barrow and had kids called Stella, Jean, Jackie (my Mom) and Martin. I spent the majority of my weekends there in the 70s and 80s.

Hi cleegirl

I was telling my mum about your post and she says it was your grandmother that delivered Derek in our house,so I think they must have been very good friends.

hi mr fogg thankyou i did not know that my sister and i have spent nearly five years tracing our family tree and no one remembered them nice to here someone does ,mind you she would know all about giving birth had nine children herself only four survived times were hard in those days but they could always smile i can remember standing in grandma kitchen watching for tram coming up prince a wales rd running like mad down beaumont to catch it i am harold daughter they are all gone now except uncle eric and he is very ill love toyour mum :|

i rember the barrows of wulfric road i use to work in the post office on fairleigh cathy regan worked with me she was a friend of your mums if i remember correctly. ithink she emigrated to south africa with her family in the early seventies.she used to live on rollet close:)

Doe anyone remember the Haigh family who lived on Cary Road from the early fifties until the mid eighties?

i rember the barrows of wulfric road i use to work in the post office on fairleigh cathy regan worked with me she was a friend of your mums if i remember correctly. ithink she emigrated to south africa with her family in the early seventies.she used to live on rollet close:)

i used to work in the post office at fairleigh as well i was there 1970 while 1971

I was born on the Manor in the 70's.. 76 to be precise..:)

I lived on Woodthorpe Close until 89 then moved over the other side of Prince onto Fitzhubert until 92...

Talking of the post office on Fairleigh, I remember once me and my mum went up, and it was VERY windy that day.. It was blowing me and my mum all over the place..

Well this gust of wind caught hold of my mum and blew her into the post box just outside:hihi: She clung onto it for dear life..:hihi: She must have been there for about 5 minutes before she got the strength to pull away..:hihi:

Extremely funny.. I still remind her of it to this day..

She'd throttle me if she knew I was telling you this.. :hihi: :hihi: