Born in Sheffield and played for OWLS

ALAN 58

My favourite Wenesday player of the mid 60's was Wilf Smith who although born in Germany did grow up in Sheffield from a very young age.

Albert Quixhall I beleive went to Hillfoot school with my late father who always maintained that his transfer to MUFC was a big mistake as he was never really going to be accepted as a replacement for The Busby Babes

My favourite Wenesday player of the mid 60's was Wilf Smith who although born in Germany did grow up in Sheffield from a very young age.

Albert Quixhall I beleive went to Hillfoot school with my late father who always maintained that his transfer to MUFC was a big mistake as he was never really going to be accepted as a replacement for The Busby Babes

Albert went to Meynell Rd school. Certainly our loss although i only saw him a couple of times.

Dobby the only thing he ever did was score the winner at the kop end against us in 1965. We had a young lad in goal called Peter Wicks never reached the heights of expectation.

65 was it Al,I remember standing at side of the pavilion.

Dobby the only thing he ever did was score the winner at the kop end against us in 1965. We had a young lad in goal called Peter Wicks never reached the heights of expectation.

Punton only scored one goal for United it was in 1967 he spent the most tine with Norwich and Managed Yarmouth for a long time when he retired.

I presume you are speaking of Kettleborough.

Here's a team photo with Peter Wicks in it.

http://team-shots.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=182

Edited by bobcob