2015- July Budget

Limiting child benefit to two children is long overdue in my book. If you're reliant on benefit then you shouldn't have a third child really, but would there be an exception for those(albeit rare) occasions when a woman becomes pregnant for the first time but with triplets?

From Osborne's Budget speech:

"In future we will limit the support provided through tax credits and Universal Credit to two children.

Families who have a third or subsequent child after April 2017 will not receive additional Tax Credit or UC support for this child.

Support provided to families who make a new claim to Universal Credit after this date will also be limited to two children.

And we will make similar changes in Housing Benefit too.

There will be provisions for exceptional cases including multiple births."

From Osborne's Budget speech:

"In future we will limit the support provided through tax credits and Universal Credit to two children.

Families who have a third or subsequent child after April 2017 will not receive additional Tax Credit or UC support for this child.

Support provided to families who make a new claim to Universal Credit after this date will also be limited to two children.

And we will make similar changes in Housing Benefit too.

There will be provisions for exceptional cases including multiple births."

How could anybody in their right mind object to this.

A neglected yet recurrent feature of Tory austerity strategy is rising disincentive to have children.

But this actually intensifies immigration, so voters who oppose immigration yet endorse this course of action are actually being quite short-sighted.

A neglected yet recurrent feature of Tory austerity strategy is rising disincentive to have children.

But this actually intensifies immigration, so voters who oppose immigration yet endorse this course of action are actually being quite short-sighted.

Why does it "itensify" immigration?

I've never heard such ridiculous cobblers.

This only applies to people having more than 2 children who can't afford more than 2 children.

I frankly don't care whether the people having kids for benefits are native or not. Either way it has to stop.

I've never heard such ridiculous cobblers.

This only applies to people having more than 2 children who can't afford more than 2 children.

I frankly don't care whether the people having kids for benefits are native or not. Either way it has to stop.

Go back and think about this logically.

Britain has an aging population. Who is going to pay for your old age pension?

Edited by Stoatwobbler

You can see there being a mental car buying rush right before the rule change in 2017.

---------- Post added 08-07-2015 at 15:38 ----------

IIRC the difference needed would be something like 20p/litre or more, which would drive inflation as the cost of delivering goods and stuff would increase.

It's odd that way, I think basically there's tons of cars out there paying tax but not doing very many miles.

...and in that case it would tend to go further in that direction as new cars start paying £140 per year instead of a lot paying 0, 20 or 30 as they do now.

Edit. Manufacturers will no longer be incentivized to offer sub 100 kg CO2 cars