Have you moved away from Sheffield?

Nope born in Sheffield - Heeley, emigrated to Canada when I was about 7 but we only lasted 1 year.......doh. Parents didn't get on with it.

I could have been still there now.

Yeah we went all over Toronto , Lakes etc Don't remember too much about it, but I know it was bloody cold in winter and hot in summer.

Are there any forums like this in Hamilton? I wouldn't mind chatting with a few people in that area to see what is happening.

get yahoo chat you will find alot in there i have one on my friends list that lives there

I lived in Sheffield for 4 years and left in 1998 to move to London.

Now I can't wait to move back - say no more!

The only time I have moved from Sheffield is on holiday, been into europe and enjoyed it but was always glad to get back.

Mikelee1of Spain.

Please email me i would like to hear from you.

Thanks

I was born in Sheffield in 1985. Dad was from Sheffield, mum was from wigan. We moved to Standish, a village about 3 miles north of Wigan in 1989 because my mum was feeling home sick. Flippin hate it here. Have a s**t accent too. Urggh! Why o Why! Only another year or so. Im coming back to Sheffield for Uni. Then I can fullfil one of my lifetime ambitions and own my personal Sheffield United season ticket! Wohoo!

Yes had to move away unfortunatley one of Maggies Millions.

Now live in Keighley West Yorks, nice place beutiful scenery but I'm still a towny at heart, miss the buzz

I lived in Sheffield from 1989 to 1995, and it felt like home. Then got a better job at Brittish Steel on Teesside, and moved from one dying steel town to another, although here I can afford to live 10 miles out, over the hill in a dormitory town called Guisborough. Still miss Sheffield (used to work for Porter Plant / Fence Hire .

Hello

I am from Sheffield. Lived there for 23 years and my husband lived there for 31 years. Moved to Somerset for 5 years and then to Australia whre we have been since 1971. Great place to live. My husband also is an old cyclist. Used to ride with Meersbrook Cyclist Club. Still keeps in contact with a few of the old members.

My last name is Sheffield (Thomas Sheffield). My ancestors left Sheffield over 300 years ago and in the summer of 2005 I plan to visit Sheffield.

When you do visit Sheffield you will be made very welcome.

I moved to London in 1989 and am on my way back soon to study at the University - all I can say is 'it's grim down south'. Travelling 2 1/2 hours every day just to get to and from work aint my idea of fun. And the people - they're all so miserable / unhelpful / down right rude. I can't wait to come back!