Have you moved away from Sheffield?

I often get an urge to move away from Sheffield not because i don,t like it here but to broaden or change a life style i have been acustomed to for 43 years.

I would like to hear from anyone who has done that and where and what they are doing now.

I am a family man so stories from single people who have moved to Ibiza for a better nightlife and more birds is,nt relevant in my case.

Have you moved abroad or stayed in this country, Is it the best thing you ever did or can,t wait to get back to Sheffield.

All your stories would be welcome wether they are horror stories or pure bliss and any recomendations would also be adeared to.

yea paul i moved in 1993 from sheffield born and bread in sheffield i was,i moved to the costa del sol bought a apartment with the wife and never looked back,ok i got my redundant cash from the pit and a good pension but i never blown it like some guys who worked in the pit but sheffield now well its dirty/hilly/and not the same ppl has i knew growing up in sheffield.we come over about 4 times a year to visit the kids and grandkids etc and they visit us etc but hey im glad when i land back at malaga,also its a damm sight cheaper to live where we are and you got the weather and plenty of brits live near so in total i can have a full breakfast and a pint and the roast beef etc same has i had in sheffield but sit out side and eat it ,so go on get over here try it cant lose nothing if only for a 2 week break.

Sounds like just the tonic i need.

I,ll be in touch soon.

Yes I moved away from Sheffield in 1972, spent 2 years inS.Africa, then moved to Australia where I live now, very happily with my wife, 3 children and 9 grand children. I would'nt live any where else Ausralia is the best place on earth. I am originally from Eckington and my wife from Rotherham. Had many hollidays back in UK but I would not like to live there these days. Still follow S. Wednesday, although I have to say what has happened to them they go from bad to worse.

hello i moved to canada and love it here i live in toronto but i still miss sheffield i left in 1981

Hi Marie, my next door neighbour has come back from there after emigrating to Toronto in 1982.

hello cool will i know them what is there name they will be back they all come back to canada thanks for telling me let me know more about them were do you live

I moved to Calgary, Canada in 1999 after living no where else but Sheffield for 27 years.

Can't recommend it enough (except for the horrible winters!!). :D

Know all about the weather in winter and digging out the car, Marie i will ask more details of were they lived in Toronto but they are in there 50s and came back cause there daughter wants to get married as far as i am aware they bought the house next door to me having come back to Longley in Sheffield were they lived before and have no plans to go back however they go back on holiday every year to visit friends and the husband has just returned after going there last week to do a job for a friend.

i will be coming over in aug to see my dad and mum

I lived in Hamilton Ontario, when I was a kid. (Main Street)

My Aunt and cousins still live out in Canada, now living in Sudbury

thats cool was you born in canada and did you go to toronto its not to far from were you was living what age did you go to england