MML electrification "paused"

Tories will forsee their responsibilities to develop and later blame labour for being spendaholics when they have to clean up the mess tories left behind.

bet you love to see all the workers so busy :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

on the plus side tho, doing all those miles at 50mph must do wonders for your fuel economy??

Don't mind too much about that 'cos the company pays but for the motorway stints it's hovering around 70 mpg.. :D

There are several petitions going to get this re-instated. Has anyone else signed it?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I don't really want HS2 would rather have a better service on MML

The latest research from King's College London puts the number of premature deaths in London due to air pollution at 9,700 yearly. Most is caused by diesel engines, on cars trains and buses. Extending to the length of the MML, I reckon that keeping on with diesel trains could be causing 10-100 premature deaths each year, through poor air quality implications of diesel exhaust.

Be honest, are you one bit surprised ?

We might not be surprised, but we ought to be outraged...

why do we take these things so complacently?

The Tories are using disarray amongst the opposition to shaft the north.

I found at least three petitions to get electrification re-instated. I signed all three but can't help but think it would carry more weight to have on big petition.

"... Anybody who goes today to Sheffield’s Victoria station will see a station that has been rebuilt as a result of this Government’s investment."

Secretary of State for Transport Patrick McLoughlin told the House of Commons

"... Anybody who goes today to Sheffield’s Victoria station will see a station that has been rebuilt as a result of this Government’s investment."

They must really think it's rough up North if they think that is how good the rebuilding was..... :loopy:

It is good to know that the Secretary of State for Transport has been well briefed and is well aware about the situation in Sheffield, I feel confident that he has the interests of the “Northern Power House” and in particularly the people of the North firmly in his plans. All he has to do now is to visit “The North”, if he can find it, and see for himself what an excellent rail service we have here.

The last train from Sheffield Victoria Station was on 5 January 1970 although it did reopen briefly in 1972, when Sheffield Midland was closed for re-signalling.

Edited by Blackbeard

I'm glad we've kept up with Manchester Central and Liverpool Exchange in terms of rail stations.