Westerns on TV 50'S and 60'swhat was your favourite

Although he wasn't a cowboy per se and was in the silents, every time Ben Turpin appeared on the screen that would be the biggest howl of the matinee. Wonder if that would be allowed today as it seems to mock the afflicted.

I think hopalongs horse was called Topper.

Yes it was ,as white as Hoppy's hair. Forgot about asking that question, to be honest.

as to be lone ranger, wagon train, maverick, there were quite a few I loved and still do love westerns and naval sea movies

Although he wasn't a cowboy per se and was in the silents, every time Ben Turpin appeared on the screen that would be the biggest howl of the matinee. Wonder if that would be allowed today as it seems to mock the afflicted.

I don't know about 'mock the afflicted', I rather think it would be a case of health and safety. He couldn't have hit a barn door from a yard away.

Have Gun will Travel, Lawman, Wagon Train, Cheyanne.

Don,t forget "Champion the wonder horse" he was one of my favourites along with the Cisco Kid,Hopalong Cassidy,Lash Laroue!.Another animal star "Lassie" what a dog,he had a brain like Albert Einstien and of course the "Lone Ranger and Tonto"

My Friend Flicka, was another animal starring,( bit like the Champion series, but a good bit later) in a TV western

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 11:20 ----------

Just thought of a couple more that I don't think have been mentioned i.e. Wells Fargo, starring Dale Robertson and The Virginian with James Drury.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 11:31 ----------

As a last post on this subject, I would love to hear from everyone to single out one of the shows mentioned as their personal all time favourite. This is tough, as I loved them all, but if I had to choose it would be Rawhide, and for the life of me, I can't say why. it is probably subliminal as I have always been a big fan of Clint Eastwood since the spaghetti westerns and of course he was the co-star in Rawhide, well before he made it big.

My Friend Flicka, was another animal starring,( bit like the Champion series, but a good bit later) in a TV western

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 11:20 ----------

Just thought of a couple more that I don't think have been mentioned i.e. Wells Fargo, starring Dale Robertson and The Virginian with James Drury.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 11:31 ----------

As a last post on this subject, I would love to hear from everyone to single out one of the shows mentioned as their personal all time favourite. This is tough, as I loved them all, but if I had to choose it would be Rawhide, and for the life of me, I can't say why. it is probably subliminal as I have always been a big fan of Clint Eastwood since the spaghetti westerns and of course he was the co-star in Rawhide, well before he made it big.

See post #8

See post #8

Oops! sorry about that.

Four Feather Falls was great used to dash home to see this . on me pretend horse. at 16 got some funny looks

Some great Westerns amongst that lot. I have many of those on DVD if anyone is interested.

Going of subject a tad e.g."Westerns",remember William Tell?.I watched every one without fail,in those days my body shape was the same as his,nowadays its more like "Lamberger Guessler"remember him?.