Taxi watch which driver you get

i have NO proof or other wise that cab drivers illegally share there taxi's, although it does seem some taxi drivers havnt a clue about driving one.

Im not going to argue about some drivers not having a clue I agree with you to an extent a lot of the new drivers are tom tom boys that don't learn the basics because they rely on technology too much believe me I agree but you shouldn't put all drivers into the same class

So you do acknowledge there is illegal private hire drivers working, there is also the ordinary joe getting his/her car out on a weekend and using as a taxi .

No I do not agree there are illegal private hire drivers working in the sense that they are unlicensed there may be the odd few that have slight car problems such as faulty lights etc hence the FPNs that were given out. Hackney drivers have more of a chance of getting away with cab sharing as they don't have to show this proof to anyone but the customer as they don't have a radio. A driver can not get a radio from any firm in sheffield without a large amount of photographic proof of who he is. His proof of badge not just the badge itself all its paperwork that comes with it proof of plate including the plate itself and the issue papers and also proof of driving licence and insurance checks are carried out regularly on every firm by staff and also by the council to check everything is up to date and correct so it would be nigh on impossible for a bogus driver to get a radio on genuine taxi firm no drivers are allowed to let their car to anyone without that other person also showing the same ID to the company my argument with you is that you insist there are illegal unlicensed PH drivers. As for hackney they have all the same paperwork but only have to show id in cab to customers if any customers have any doubts whatsoever then all they have to do is look at the drivers face. I do agree there are bogus average joes they have nothing to do with legal drivers apart from pretending to be one you are classing the genuine drivers the same as the bogus ones which isn't fair on the legal drivers.

I whole heartedly agree that the biggest majority of taxi drivers are first class citizens and, do a first class job, but there is a minority what gives the majority a bad name.

but that does not in any way shape or form alter that there is a sever problem "which is classed as a soft touch" with unlicensed taxi's in Sheffield (not my words)

i and other people even on this thread have suspicions of people driving taxis that are not qualified

They may not seem qualified but they are maybe people should write to the council and ask them to tighten the law on how to get a badge it is too easy I agree but that dosnt make the driver illegal does it

you say i have argued that i have undeniable proof of allot of taxi drivers are frauds, i think you are another one thats telling lies.

What i am saying and i will keep saying it whether taxi drivers like it or not, there ARE unlicensed taxi's operating in Sheffield and according to official body's its a very sever situation.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree .....

Also there are THOUSANDS of post on Sheffield Forum complaining about Sheffield taxi drivers, and just a handful of taxi drivers and friends complaining about me complaining about them.

There are a lot of complaints on SF your right but I think your wrong in the way you are giving all taxi drivers a bad name if taxi drivers were to put on SF an average weekends complaints that have against the customers then SF would be able to handle it yes customers get let down now and again yes some drivers and I mean it when I say some don't have a clue where they are going the council should probably tighten the PH rules and definitely make the badge test harder it would be better for customers and company staff if this happened but look at what a taxi driver has to put up with I would love for you to do a weekend shift as a driver and just see some of the grief they get you might not be so hard on them then.

and by the way i have nothing against taxi drivers in general just the bogus ones.

Yes your not alone ....

ps

the meaning of my first post was, well done to the police, and yes taxi drivers on Sheffield Forum HAVE vehemently denied that unlicensed taxi drivers operate in Sheffield. THEY DO

I think the meaning of your first post was to have a dig at taxi drivers full stop as it has been proved to you over and over there was no unlicensed drivers as PH drivers there wont be either Hackney drivers have to show a picture of their badges on the cab inner glass to show who they are if anyone has suspicions they should just ask the driver to turn around so they can check.

To the best of my knowledge, there has been NO arrest by the police in recent times (last few years) of any person for driving an illegal taxi, the police reportedly are not bothered

I don't think its because there not bothered I think it may just be because there are none eh !!

I am really not getting into all this again after this post I have said what I wanted to say and I don't appreciate being called a liar either I havnt attacked you in any way just disagreed with what you are saying !!!

Who are you quoting there, yourself?

(That text "i have NO proof or other wise that cab drivers illegally share there taxi's, although it does seem some taxi drivers havnt a clue about driving one." does not appear anywhere else in this thread.)

Are you now reduced to arguing/agreeing with yourself?

you see quotation marks? i dont? i see a statement.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 11:23 ----------

i have NO proof or other wise that cab drivers illegally share there taxi's, although it does seem some taxi drivers havnt a clue about driving one.

Im not going to argue about some drivers not having a clue I agree with you to an extent a lot of the new drivers are tom tom boys that don't learn the basics because they rely on technology too much believe me I agree but you shouldn't put all drivers into the same class

So you do acknowledge there is illegal private hire drivers working, there is also the ordinary joe getting his/her car out on a weekend and using as a taxi .

No I do not agree there are illegal private hire drivers working in the sense that they are unlicensed there may be the odd few that have slight car problems such as faulty lights etc hence the FPNs that were given out. Hackney drivers have more of a chance of getting away with cab sharing as they don't have to show this proof to anyone but the customer as they don't have a radio. A driver can not get a radio from any firm in sheffield without a large amount of photographic proof of who he is. His proof of badge not just the badge itself all its paperwork that comes with it proof of plate including the plate itself and the issue papers and also proof of driving licence and insurance checks are carried out regularly on every firm by staff and also by the council to check everything is up to date and correct so it would be nigh on impossible for a bogus driver to get a radio on genuine taxi firm no drivers are allowed to let their car to anyone without that other person also showing the same ID to the company my argument with you is that you insist there are illegal unlicensed PH drivers. As for hackney they have all the same paperwork but only have to show id in cab to customers if any customers have any doubts whatsoever then all they have to do is look at the drivers face. I do agree there are bogus average joes they have nothing to do with legal drivers apart from pretending to be one you are classing the genuine drivers the same as the bogus ones which isn't fair on the legal drivers.

I whole heartedly agree that the biggest majority of taxi drivers are first class citizens and, do a first class job, but there is a minority what gives the majority a bad name.

but that does not in any way shape or form alter that there is a sever problem "which is classed as a soft touch" with unlicensed taxi's in Sheffield (not my words)

i and other people even on this thread have suspicions of people driving taxis that are not qualified

They may not seem qualified but they are maybe people should write to the council and ask them to tighten the law on how to get a badge it is too easy I agree but that dosnt make the driver illegal does it

you say i have argued that i have undeniable proof of allot of taxi drivers are frauds, i think you are another one thats telling lies.

What i am saying and i will keep saying it whether taxi drivers like it or not, there ARE unlicensed taxi's operating in Sheffield and according to official body's its a very sever situation.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree .....

Also there are THOUSANDS of post on Sheffield Forum complaining about Sheffield taxi drivers, and just a handful of taxi drivers and friends complaining about me complaining about them.

There are a lot of complaints on SF your right but I think your wrong in the way you are giving all taxi drivers a bad name if taxi drivers were to put on SF an average weekends complaints that have against the customers then SF would be able to handle it yes customers get let down now and again yes some drivers and I mean it when I say some don't have a clue where they are going the council should probably tighten the PH rules and definitely make the badge test harder it would be better for customers and company staff if this happened but look at what a taxi driver has to put up with I would love for you to do a weekend shift as a driver and just see some of the grief they get you might not be so hard on them then.

and by the way i have nothing against taxi drivers in general just the bogus ones.

Yes your not alone ....

ps

the meaning of my first post was, well done to the police, and yes taxi drivers on Sheffield Forum HAVE vehemently denied that unlicensed taxi drivers operate in Sheffield. THEY DO

I think the meaning of your first post was to have a dig at taxi drivers full stop as it has been proved to you over and over there was no unlicensed drivers as PH drivers there wont be either Hackney drivers have to show a picture of their badges on the cab inner glass to show who they are if anyone has suspicions they should just ask the driver to turn around so they can check.

To the best of my knowledge, there has been NO arrest by the police in recent times (last few years) of any person for driving an illegal taxi, the police reportedly are not botheredMr Hafeas Rehman's words

I don't think its because there not bothered I think it may just be because there are none eh !!

I am really not getting into all this again after this post I have said what I wanted to say and I don't appreciate being called a liar either I havnt attacked you in any way just disagreed with what you are saying !!!

Mr Hafeas Rehman chairperson of Sheffield Taxi Trade Association say, unlicensed Taxi's is a huge problem in Sheffield.

The chief licensing officer in Sheffield says unlicensed taxi's in Sheffield is getting worse

kidley

To the best of my knowledge, there has been NO arrest by the police in recent times (last few years) of any person for driving an illegal taxi, the police reportedly are not bothered

donsmoobade

kidley

the quote the police are reportedly are not bothered

the bold above is Mr Hafeas Rehman words not mine.

yes you may well be right, my op may have been having a dig

conclusion

if you and others say/believe, there is NO illegal taxi's in Sheffield, take it up with the people in office who should know these things and have stated otherwise.

Edited by kidley

Mr Hafeas Rehman chairperson of Sheffield Taxi Trade Association say, unlicensed Taxi's is a huge problem in Sheffield.

The chief licensing officer in Sheffield says unlicensed taxi's in Sheffield is getting worse.

kidley

donsmoobade

kidley

the quote the police are reportedly are not bothered

the bold above is Mr Hafeas Rehman words not mine.

yes you may well be right, my op may have been having a dig

conclusion

if you and others say/believe, there is NO illegal taxi's in Sheffield, take it up with the people in office who should know these things and have stated otherwise.

Mr hafees rehman is talking about "illegal activity from private hire meaning picking up unbooked jobs. The council cant do anything about it as it's mostly taxis from rossingdale and Gedling who the council have no control over, and its true the police are not bothered. He's not complaining about unlicensed taxis as it's not a problem.

Just to add I know hafees rehman, I am a taxi driver and know very well the problems.

What do you mean by illegal taxis? A taxi with a light out or a sticker missing?

Edited by PAKS4

All taxis have a stringent taxi mot every 12 months, older vehicles have one every 6 months and they are more strict compared to a normal car mot otherwise they don't get issued a taxi plate.

Presumably not stricter emissions tests going by the black smoke coming from some of the black cabs. I don't know how they pass any form of MOT. Are they using VW software?

To be honest I use taxis fairly often, maybe on average once a week for the last few years. I've used Mercury, City and Hackneys, depending where I am. Sometimes the drivers are chatty, sometimes they aren't, it doesn't bother me. (Why the hell should it?)

I love to moan about stuff, so I wish I had something to criticise, but I've never had any of the dramatic issues spoken about in this thread. Sometimes the driver misses a turn or something, but I make the odd mistake at work too! Normally they are spot on.

I have to say there is good dose of racism going on here.

Mr hafees rehman is talking about "illegal activity from private hire meaning picking up unbooked jobs. The council cant do anything about it as it's taxis from rossingdale and Gedling who the council over no control over, and its true the police are not bothered. He's not complaining about unlicensed taxis as it's not a problem.

Just to add I know hafees rehman, I am a taxi driver and know very well the problems.

What do you mean by illegal taxis? A taxi with a light out or a sticker missing?

I will tell you again i am NOT saying it, i refer you to the link Also you say you know Mr hafees rehman you can get it first hand, the link you need below which state's there is a huge problem with unlicensed taxis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p031chl6

if you dont agree with Mr haffees rehman and, the chief licensing officer, please take it up with them, it is there job to know these things. I cannot speak for them i can only repeat what they say.

Why are you inferring these are my words'

All you and others have done on this thread is nit pick' and ask silly questeons like the one above,eight pages of nothing from such as you, tell me what IS your argument.

i will ask "you" again what is your argument here.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 13:39 ----------

To be honest I use taxis fairly often, maybe on average once a week for the last few years. I've used Mercury, City and Hackneys, depending where I am. Sometimes the drivers are chatty, sometimes they aren't, it doesn't bother me. (Why the hell should it?)

I love to moan about stuff, so I wish I had something to criticise, but I've never had any of the dramatic issues spoken about in this thread. Sometimes the driver misses a turn or something, but I make the odd mistake at work too! Normally they are spot on.

I have to say there is good dose of racism going on here.

you and your post has been reported you know why

Edited by kidley

For 3rd time, hafees rehman isn't saying it as I've personally discussed the issue with him. You are!

I have listened to the link, the issue being discussed in your link is illegal activity (goosing) by vehicles unlicensed in sheffield but licensed elsewhere, and the lack of action from the council and police. Simple.