New pawnbroking tv show in Sheffield

Heard a few rumours that there has been some filming for a new channel 4 programme about Pawnbroking in Sheffield. I turned on the TV today and have seen an advert for a programme called Posh Pawnbrokers, it appears to be a spin off of the popular show Posh Pawn. I don't normally watch shows like this but it appears really light hearted and fun plus it's about Sheffield so I am definitely watching it. Below is the link explaining the show. It will definitely make a nice change from the usual drivel that is on daytime tv and I can't stand Tipping Point.

It appears to put Sheffield in a positive light so lets get behind it and record/ watch it.

It starts May 4th at 4pm on channel 4 and 4seven at 6pm.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/posh-pawnbrokers-programme-information

Heard a few rumours that there has been some filming for a new channel 4 programme about Pawnbroking in Sheffield. I turned on the TV today and have seen an advert for a programme called Posh Pawnbrokers, it appears to be a spin off of the popular show Posh Pawn. I don't normally watch shows like this but it appears really light hearted and fun plus it's about Sheffield so I am definitely watching it. Below is the link explaining the show. It will definitely make a nice change from the usual drivel that is on daytime tv and I can't stand Tipping Point.

It appears to put Sheffield in a positive light so lets get behind it and record/ watch it.

It starts May 4th at 4pm on channel 4 and 4seven at 6pm.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/posh-pawnbrokers-programme-information

When I first read it I had a different spelling of the word pawn in my head. :hihi: Sadly its about getting money for jewellry and watches.

Look forward to this, has it changed hands as I don't recognise the owners named in the ch4 press release?

its still the same family run buisness. its just owned by Dan.

---------- Post added 30-04-2015 at 11:36 ----------

Look forward to this, has it changed hands as I don't recognise the owners named in the ch4 press release?

I have just found this article in the Star with a picture of Dan. I think this show could be really interesting and entertaining! see the link below.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-shop-is-pawn-star-in-new-television-show-1-7236653

Edited by ellepink

Hi All. A friend has just told me of this post. I hope you can all watch or record the show. We spent a long and hard six months trying to create something different to the other Pawn shows out there.

I appreciate that it may not be to everyones taste however my main objective was to show Sheffield in as great a light as possible. Pawnbroking is actually only a part of the show as a lot of people are selling items for really possitive, life changing reasons.

Please support us and watch the show!

Best Wishes

Dan

Hi All. A friend has just told me of this post. I hope you can all watch or record the show. We spent a long and hard six months trying to create something different to the other Pawn shows out there.

I appreciate that it may not be to everyones taste however my main objective was to show Sheffield in as great a light as possible. Pawnbroking is actually only a part of the show as a lot of people are selling items for really possitive, life changing reasons.

Please support us and watch the show!

Best Wishes

Dan

Well done Dan great series, im sure your dad is called Steve? I know him from when we were youths. He did well help setting up the shop all them years ago:thumbsup:

Edited by Erin