Minimal or hoarder

It would be great if someone had a clearout for me.

Do it yourself, it's easy! If you haven't used something for two years you don't need it.

I'm trying the 5 items a day rule I cleared out a loads this way I'm a packrat and a clothing hoarder

It would be great if someone had a clearout for me.
By the account of family and friends who have solicited my help for doing just that, I'm quite "terrifying" at clearing stuff out. My wife tends to use "ruthless". So use at your own peril! :hihi:

I'm fairly minimalist/adept of the 'Nordic' style, unsurprisingly enough :D

Often as not (particularly come spring time) I'll promulgate a temporary "1 in 2 out" rule that supersedes the default "1 in 1 out" rule. Useful sub-rules include e.g. 'not worn for over 12 months = out', 'not used for over 12 months = out', 'malfunctioning, or not sent for repairs in past 3 months = out', 'in attic and untouched for past 2 years = out' <etc.>

Most stuff goes to local charity shops (Bluebell a long-time favourite), the rest at the local skip-site.

Edited by L00b

I try st vincents as they have helped me in past

By the account of family and friends who have solicited my help for doing just that, I'm quite "terrifying" at clearing stuff out. My wife tends to use "ruthless". So use at your own peril! :hihi:

I'm fairly minimalist/adept of the 'Nordic' style, unsurprisingly enough :D

Often as not (particularly come spring time) I'll promulgate a temporary "1 in 2 out" rule that supersedes the default "1 in 1 out" rule. Useful sub-rules include e.g. 'not worn for over 12 months = out', 'not used for over 12 months = out', 'malfunctioning, or not sent for repairs in past 3 months = out', 'in attic and untouched for past 2 years = out' <etc.>

Most stuff goes to local charity shops (Bluebell a long-time favourite), the rest at the local skip-site.

Go LOOb - I like your style.

I'm the declutterer in our house, the Other Half's the hoarder, although he's not too bad. I wouldn't like to think what kind of tip we'd be living in if I didn't keep on top of things though.

By the way, I reckon the hoarding instinct runs in families, from what I've seen.

Edited by Olive

You would be surprised at the effect clutter has on the mind without the effect being realised.

Ever had a clear-out (wardrbe or garage stuff) and and noticed how good that feels?

Indeed, agree completely. My loft and box room were rammed full of crap and it bothered me; after I cleared them out, as daft as it might sound to some people, it felt like a big weight lifted of my shoulders and I had a clear head. It gave me impetus to do all the home improvements around the house that I'd been putting off.

I'm turning into a hoarder. I've slung stuff that I'd wish I'd kept.

Mums not dads a collector my brother omg tv show would love him in slowly working my way thru everything I am fine getting rid of everything but my clothes then I actually get panicky I'm getting through everything one bag at a time and trying not to fetch more in I've even top people to stop passing me items as makes me feel overwhelmed by stuff it may be a point to mention I suffer with chronic fatigue syndrome which makes every little task seem harder I don't do it all at once as it makes me feel panicky

I'm fairly minimalist apart from books. I just can't resist 'em.

My neighbour now has a nightmare home (to my eyes) She just keeps on buying ornaments, plates, things to stand on shelves, and things to hang on walls. I don't know how she cleans, it must be like the Forth Bridge, never ending.

The thing is, she is on her own with no husband/children or other family. I shudder to think who will have the job of clearing everything when she dies.

In America there is a place called ' Slab City' the residents live in camper vans. The people who live there are a mix of Vietnam veterans and drop out's. With economic meltdown many Americans have had their homes foreclosed so had to have alternative places to live so places like Slabs have become popular.

He he I went bit crazy after posting this taking half my stuff to charity shop clutter be gone :)

I too suffer from CFS, Fibromyalgia and a few other health complaints, but every so often I get a small burst of energy and clear something out. Last week it was the cupboard under the stairs, a few weeks before that it was my wardrobe of clothes I'm too fat to fit in anymore. I wouldnt say I'm a hoarder, but I'm no minimalist either