Where can I get Scottish notes from

I am after getting a £100 Scottish note. Is it as simple as going to RBS and asking for one?

I need to settle a bet and begrudgingly I will settle in the most annoying way I can.

You realise it's an urban myth that Scottish notes are "legal tender" in England?

In some or many cases they are accepted but nobody is obliged to accept them.

Can Scottish banknotes be used elsewhere in Britain?

Yes. According to the Bank of England these notes are "legal currency and can be accepted throughout the United Kingdom. They are authorised and approved by the UK Parliament, a position that was established by legislation as long ago as 1845."

Can Scottish banknotes be used elsewhere in Britain?

Yes. According to the Bank of England these notes are "legal currency and can be accepted throughout the United Kingdom. They are authorised and approved by the UK Parliament, a position that was established by legislation as long ago as 1845."

Are Scottish & Northern Ireland banknotes "legal tender"?

In short ‘No’ these banknotes are not "legal tender"; furthermore, Bank of England banknotes are only legal tender in England and Wales. Legal tender has, however, a very narrow technical meaning in relation to the settlement of debt. If a debtor pays in legal tender the exact amount he/she owes under the terms of a contract (and in accordance with its terms), or pays this amount into court, he/she has good defence in law if he/she is sued for non-payment of the debt.

In ordinary everyday transactions, the term "legal tender" in its purest sense need not govern a banknote's acceptability in transactions. The acceptability of a Scottish or Northern Ireland banknote as a means of payment is essentially a matter for agreement between the parties involved. If both parties are in agreement, Scottish and Northern Ireland banknotes can be used in England and Wales. Holders of genuine Scottish and Northern Ireland banknotes are provided with a level of protection similar to that provided to holders of Bank of England banknotes. This is because the issuing banks must back their banknote issue using a combination of Bank of England banknotes, UK coin and funds in an interest bearing bank account at the Bank of England.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Pages/about/faqs.aspx

Like I said, nobody is obliged to accepted them but they can if they want.

Right, before this goes any further, for once on this forum, why can't anyone read the original post and answer in the manner that is either useful or insightful.

I am quite capable of googling 'legal tender' and cutting and pasting.

My reason for wanting the notes has nothing to do with 'legal tender', I am planning to play a little joke on a friend.

Right, before this goes any further, for once on this forum, why can't anyone read the original post and answer in the manner that is either useful or insightful.

I am quite capable of googling 'legal tender' and cutting and pasting.

My reason for wanting the notes has nothing to do with 'legal tender', I am planning to play a little joke on a friend.

I was just letting you know that he doesn't have to accept it and you might be making a couple of wasted journeys to the bank.

As for where to get one, there's plenty of places you could probably acquire the smaller denominations but for an actual £100 note, you're most likely going to have to go to RBS.

I am after getting a £100 Scottish note. Is it as simple as going to RBS and asking for one?

I need to settle a bet and begrudgingly I will settle in the most annoying way I can.

If you cant find one why not give them 2 50s or it all in loose change :)