Most dangerous crossing

I think the person who raised this as a concern was right to do so. It may be normal to mount the button on the right, so people looking at it are also looking at traffic, but I doubt that many pedestrians actually know that convention.

I know the junction but cannot say whether it does look like its referring to the other crossing, as it's not easy to see the angle of the assembly. It seems that this may be a potential disadvantage of mounting the red and green men as part of the push button assembly, instead of mounting them on the other side of the road, as used to be the case.

When I cross Ecclesall Road, at Hunters Bar, on the Endcliffe Park side, I always look at the lights that the cars see, and not just the red/green man, just in case I'm looking at the wrong one, when I'm on the central island. Although I'm not sure, I think that the red/green men lights are on your left, as this faces the oncoming traffic, and not "on the right", as described in the Star article.

The more I think about this, the more I think that the original person was right to raise it. Low level red/green men can cause confusion. I think that red/green men would be better as they used to be, on the opposite side of the road you are crossing.

Also, I think he'll probably get some criticism on here for being against a 40 limit on Penistone Rd.

Is it a non story or is it a safety issue?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/business-news/video-confusing-crossing-branded-sheffield-s-most-dangerous-is-accident-waiting-to-happen-1-7158734

I dont know the crossing in question as not been down that way in years just wondered what other forumers think?

Is that a fake story? The green man isnt even for the bit of road that the traffic is 'speeding by' on. Non story? Wind up more like,

Is that a fake story? The green man isnt even for the bit of road that the traffic is 'speeding by' on. Non story? Wind up more like,

That's the entire point.

The green man isn't for that portion of road, but could easily be mistaken for being so.

Only if someone is really thick. It should be called the Darwin Crossing :hihi:

Considering that it is a crossing primarily to get to Hillsborough College, which no doubt is attended by a number of autistic/learning difficulty students, I think you might want to nuance your point quite significantly.

It is an atrocious design and it is indeed an accident waiting to happen. Let's hope it is changed soon.

Considering that it is a crossing primarily to get to Hillsborough College, which no doubt is attended by a number of autistic/learning difficulty students, I think you might want to nuance your point quite significantly.

It is an atrocious design and it is indeed an accident waiting to happen. Let's hope it is changed soon.

Please dont play that card. Anyone who cant navigate that simple crossing really shouldnt be crossing busy roads alone. If you are unsure which button works for which bit of the road then look at the traffic. No, this is a mountain being made out of a molehill.

I have 2 nephews both autistic. I love them as though they were my own and i spend as much time with them as i can. My opinion stands. :)