Insurance cancelled

You're quite right, it's merely a disqualification from driving and a fine of up to £5,000

For what? He gets stopped, no insurance found, quick investigation shows its insurers mistake, its all put right and no harm done. No one has to die, no one has to be horribly disfigured, no one needs to support the blades, no need to sue.

I have a policy with admiral car Insurance and one of their agents cancelled my policy and they saying it was by mistake so I have been driving my car for a week without insurance. Where can I take this matter further?

If they made the mistake you would not be driving without insurance as they will have to rectify the matter and deal internally the agent who made the mistake. They do not have to tell you the outcome of their internal investigation merely that they have ensured to the best if their ability that it won't happen again

For what? He gets stopped, no insurance found, quick investigation shows its insurers mistake, its all put right and no harm done. No one has to die, no one has to be horribly disfigured, no one needs to support the blades, no need to sue.

...and when I ended up in the same situation because they had entered my reg number incorrectly I had to pay out....

£140 in taxi fares to get everyone home

£360 to get the car released from the pound

£490 to fix the damage on the car where someone scraped it driving it into the pound, plus the drag racing they did in it on the street as well which the camera recorded.

Guess how much of that I got back from the insurers?

It's a strict liability offence. The excuse doesn't matter, although a £5k fine is unlikely.

And you're assuming that the insurance company actually admit the mistake...

...and when I ended up in the same situation because they had entered my reg number incorrectly I had to pay out....

£140 in taxi fares to get everyone home

£360 to get the car released from the pound

£490 to fix the damage on the car where someone scraped it driving it into the pound, plus the drag racing they did in it on the street as well which the camera recorded.

Guess how much of that I got back from the insurers?

Did you get any points?

If they made the mistake you would not be driving without insurance as they will have to rectify the matter and deal internally the agent who made the mistake. They do not have to tell you the outcome of their internal investigation merely that they have ensured to the best if their ability that it won't happen again

At last some body is seeing sense

It's a strict liability offence. The excuse doesn't matter, although a £5k fine is unlikely.

And you're assuming that the insurance company actually admit the mistake...

So lets say someone annoys me really bad. I could ring up their insurer and pretend to be them and cancel their insurance? Ive rung my own insurer up a few times and never had to give my policy number so as long as i know their name age dob and address then i can stitch them up? The fact they have no insurance is an automatic crime?