Landmark Chinese Restuarant

JOHN HABS

Went out shopping in the city centre today ( 16th Jan ), thought I would call in Landmark Chinese restaurant near the Crucible for my lunch.

Hardly anyone in and the food was cold - my wife and I use to go in the last Saturday of every month when we had done our food shopping - the food was always cold and in short supply, so we have stopped going in.

On paying for my meal, I was charged £9.09 - only drink I had was half pint of coke.

When they first opened, the price was £4.99 per head then it went up to £5.99......now its £9.09.

They say a new brush sweeps clean........that's true in this case......as a new business it started out well and a cheap meal, now the food is cold, you have to wait for the dishes to come out of the kitchen and the price as risen again.

Went out shopping in the city centre today ( 16th Jan ), thought I would call in Landmark Chinese restaurant near the Crucible for my lunch

We went out for supper there last month and it was fine, perhaps you were unlucky John? :huh:

Did you say something?

Did it used to be Jumbos?

Yep

Was OK for a few years, but seriously, who can eat £9 worth of food in one sitting? Good or not?

It's an all you can eat buffet, you go up as many times as you want

£9 is pretty reasonable and we enjoyed the food :)

We went out for supper there last month and it was fine, perhaps you were unlucky John? :huh:

Did you say something?

Yep

It's an all you can eat buffet, you go up as many times as you want

£9 is pretty reasonable and we enjoyed the food :)

Its not ' Pretty Reasonable ' considering a few weeks ago a lunchtime visit cost £5.99 and now it cost me £9.09 !

What about the food being cold - other people must have noticed otherwise there would have been more people in when I went for my lunch........the number of people in you could count on one hand.

Its not ' Pretty Reasonable ' considering a few weeks ago a lunchtime visit cost £5.99 and now it cost me £9.09 !

What about the food being cold - other people must have noticed otherwise there would have been more people in when I went for my lunch........the number of people in you could count on one hand.

Price is now £6.99 for lunch.

Next time drink tap water.

If it was cold, why did you eat there?

No food ... no pay.

Went out shopping in the city centre today ( 16th Jan ), thought I would call in Landmark Chinese restaurant near the Crucible for my lunch.

Hardly anyone in and the food was cold - my wife and I use to go in the last Saturday of every month when we had done our food shopping - the food was always cold and in short supply, so we have stopped going in.

On paying for my meal, I was charged £9.09 - only drink I had was half pint of coke.

When they first opened, the price was £4.99 per head then it went up to £5.99......now its £9.09.

They say a new brush sweeps clean........that's true in this case......as a new business it started out well and a cheap meal, now the food is cold, you have to wait for the dishes to come out of the kitchen and the price as risen again.

Fully agree with O/P its disgusting now.

Last time we were in it was 5.45 so higher price but when i told them most of the food was empty they said it was because they had not had time to refill. I asked if they were going to charge at lower price then and they replied no "higher price relects the extra dishes we serve"

needless to say there wasnt any more dishes, less in fact.

Rice is ALWAYS cold.

Service is shocking.

Utencills have the remains of the last users meal on them

Kids left to stick fingers in food etc, staff let them do it.

Oh and last time we were in they decided to round of the Bill to the nearest higher pound, that did tip me over the edge....

Price is now £6.99 for lunch.

Next time drink tap water.

If it was cold, why did you eat there?

No food ... no pay.

I paid £9.09 for my lunch !

I had half a pint glass of Coke !

I didn't know the food was going to be cold on the day I went in - if I had filled my plate with food, took one mouthful and then decided to walk out due to the food being cold, the manager and staff would have prevented me from doing so and called the police.

Was it really worth making a show and causing trouble for the sake of the food being cold ?

You put it down to experience and don't bother going in again - that's the easiest way !

I paid £9.09 for my lunch !

I had half a pint glass of Coke !

I didn't know the food was going to be cold on the day I went in - if I had filled my plate with food, took one mouthful and then decided to walk out due to the food being cold, the manager and staff would have prevented me from doing so and called the police.

Was it really worth making a show and causing trouble for the sake of the food being cold ?

You put it down to experience and don't bother going in again - that's the easiest way !

Yes it is worth complaining if the product is not as it should be, not that hard to ask the staff why the food is cold then they can either replace the food or allow you to leave without paying for the food. Simple really